- Peter Franklin's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Peter married Mary Harmon at Boston on Sept. 12, 1717.
Peter was a merchant and shipmaster at Newport, Rhode Island. 
- 1757: Postmaster, city of Philadelphia. 
Peter Franklin died July 1, 1766 in his 74th year, and was at the time of his death deputy postmaster in Philadelphia. 
- 1692: Peter of Josiah and Abia Franklin born Nov. 22. (p. 201) 
- Peter Franklin & Mary Harmon married by Rev. Mr. Eben'r Pemberton Presbt., Sept. 12, 1717. (p. 51) 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Appleton, William S. City Document 130. Boston Births, Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths 1630-1699, Registry Dept. City of Boston, Boston, MA, Rockwell & Churchill, 1883
- ↑ The Franklin Family. In: The New England Historical Genealogical Register, Vol. 11, NEHGS, Boston, Massachusetts, 1847, p. 380
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 McGlenen, Edward W. compiler. City Document 150: A Report of the Record Commissioners of the City of Boston, conraining Boston Marriages from 1700 to 1751. Municipal Printing Office, Boston, Massachusetts, 1898.
- ↑ Manning, Susan & Peter France. Enlightenment and Emancipation, Bucknell University Press, 2006 p. 176-7
- ↑ Scarf, John Thomas & Thompson Westcott. History of Philadelphia, 1609-1884, Volume 3., L. H. Everts & Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1884 p. 1812
- ↑ Sparks, Jared. Benjamin Franklin. The Works of Benjamin Franklin: Containing Several Political and Historical Tracts Not Included in Any Former Edition, and Many Letters, Official and Private, Not Hitherto Published; with Notes and a Life of the Author, Volume 7, Hillard, Gray & Co., Boston, Massachusetts, 1840 p. 309
Peter Franklin (1692-1766). Merchant and shipmaster, Newport. Deputy postmaster Philadelphia, 1763 or 4. Married Mary Harman. Issue uncertain.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Peter by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA test-takers in his direct paternal line. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chérie Naegele, George Franklin, and R.D. or Duane Franklin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Peter is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 10 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 21 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 18 degrees from David Selman and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.