[private brother (1940s - unknown)], [private brother (1940s - 1990s)], [private sister (1940s - unknown)], [private brother (1950s - unknown)] and [private brother (1950s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 17 May 2020
| Created 24 Jul 2013
This page has been accessed 4,825 times.
Donna Friebel was born in 1962. Her mother was Susan Gallier and her father was Leroy Friebel.  My paternal grandfather came from Germany in 1884 to Texas and wed the daughter of another German immigrant in 1890. My maternal ancestors were primarily Acadians who ended up in Louisiana following the devastating deportations of the Acadians in Nova Scotia by the British during the Seven Year War. Some came to Louisiana from their exile in the British Colonies, while others came from their exile in France some twenty years after their deportation to Europe.
So my ancestry interests include Germany, France, Acadia, Quebecois (French-Canadian), Louisiana, and Texas. I live about 2000 miles away from there now so my local libraries don't include many genealogy sources for them. Therefore, I've purchased a number of reference books and can look up information here and will add citations to relevant wikitree profiles, regardless of my own relation to the person.
Sources That I Have Available for Look-ups
- Archdiocese of New Orleans Sacramental Records, Volumes 1-6 (1718-1799)
- Southwest Louisiana Records CD (1750-1900)
- South Louisiana Records, Lafourche ~ Terrebonne, Volumes 1-7 (1794-1885)
- Diocese of Baton Rouge Catholic Church Records
- Volume 1a - Acadian Records, 1707-1748
- Volume 1b - Pointe Coupeé Records, 1722-1769
- Volumes 2-10 (1770-1867)
- Natchitoches Registers of the Post of St Jean Baptiste des Natchitoches 1734-1764 by D'Antoni
- Natchitoches Parish Legal Records Vol 1 (10 Aug 1738 to 6 Jan 1762)
- Natchitoches Abstracts of the Post of St Jean Baptiste des Natchitoches 1729-1803 by Mills
- Marriage Contracts of Natchitoches 1739-1803 by DeVille
- Natchitoches Abstracts of St. Francois des Natchitoches 1800-1826 by Mills
- Natchitoches Church Marriages 1818-1850 by Mills
- Natchitoches Baptisms, 1817-1840 by Judy Riffel
- Natchitoches Baptisms, 1841-1849 by Judy Riffel
- Natchitoches Colonials- A Source Book: Censuses, Military Rolls, & Tax Lists 1722-1803 by Mills
- The Forgotten People: Cane River's Creoles of Color by Mills & Mills
- ↑ Maternal relationship is confirmed by an exact HVR1 and HVR2 match between the Family Tree DNA mtDNA test for Donna Storz and the Family Tree DNA mtDNA test of her maternal line cousin Candice Burton. See Mothers of Acadia mtDNA Project Kits B5389 and 373189 confirming their direct maternal lines back to their MRCA Barbe Bajolet
- ↑ Maternal relationship is confirmed by an exact HVR1 and HVR2 match between this Family Tree DNA mtDNA test for Donna (Friebel) Storz and this Family Tree DNA mtDNA test of her maternal line cousin Mary-Lucille (Andrus) Sims.
- ↑ Parental relationships are confirmed by 23andme matches between Donna and her brother Ron Friebel . They share 2641cM which is consistent with being siblings.
- ↑ Paternal relationship confirmed with ancestry DNA testing between Living Niemann and her first cousin, once removed, Donna Storz who were both tested at ancestryDNA with a predicted relationship of 2nd Cousins, which is genetically equivalent to 1st cousin, once removed. They share 296cM over 20 segments.
- ↑ Paternal relationship is confirmed by a 23andMe test match between Sadie Staley and Donna Storz, first cousins twice removed. Their MRCAs are Gottfried Franz Friebel and Anna Bossler, the 2x great grandparents of Sadie Staley and grandparents of Donna Storz. Predicted relationship from 23andMe: Second cousin, based on sharing 321 cM across 12 segments.
- ↑ Paternal relationships are confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between Donna Friebel Storz and her third cousin, MPHR, the daughter of Alvin Hillis and Frieda Friebel. Their most-recent common ancestors are their 2x great grandparents, Gottfried Daniel Gottlieb Friebel and Johanne Louise König. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: 4th-6th cousins, based on sharing 43 cM across 4 segments, which is within the range for 3rd cousins; Confidence: High.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Donna's formal name
- full middle name (M.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
For access to Donna Storz's full information you must be on Donna's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Donna is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Project Member
- Canada to Louisiana to Texas
- Germany to Texas in 1867
- Germany to Texas in/before 1846.
- Germany to Texas
- Frugia, Fregia, etc.
- France to Canada to Louisiana
- Variant of Gallien; use began in 1840's in Texas
- My father is first generation American one one side with his father coming from Germany in 1884 and 2nd generation on other side with his grandfather coming in 1867.
- My maternal line is from Louisiana--being there from the early 1700's through 1883 when my grandmother was born in Houma.
- I'll try and help with pre-1500 merges as able.
Donna Storz's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Donna or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Donna:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.