Daughter of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]
Profile last modified 27 May 2020
| Created 7 Aug 2017 | Last significant change: 9 May 2020
This page has been accessed 1,942 times.
I do wish I had time to do this full time. This is my gift to those from Silao/Romita since amassing such a large database with much of it not available at familysearch. Only a very few are my ancestral lines. Most of it is in rough draft form with much more work to be done by those whose ancestry to whom it belongs. Please add in English, Spanish or whatever is comfortable. I am providing the basics in Spanish per request from those from México and in a format that makes it easier for my tired eyes as I continue to add more ancestry. Silao has been so neglected and would like to see it on the map and for many genealogists to find their families and relationships with others in Silao/Romita.
There have been messages/emails that it is sometimes challenging to find ancestry unless the name is spelled a certain way. So some time will be spent on some common variations of names that I am managing to make them easier to find. And when time permits, padrinos are being added to some baptisms, most notably where there doesn't seem to be any further information available. When more profiles with baptisms are added from Silao it should help with some of those brick walls.
If you would like assistance with ancestry from Silao and Romita prior to 1900, Leon prior to 1850 and some from Ciudad Manuel Doblado, Guanajuato, Mexico, I will gladly check my database. Please send a message with names, dates and places you are searching. It is on a first come, first serve basis and when there is time available to search. Because of numerous queries, please remind me if you have requested info before and if this is part of a previous query or a new one. Also please consider signing up at wikitree.com and be part of the trusted list or a manager of some ancestry so that you may receive contacts from those who may be related. Gracias!
- DNA TESTING
- It is my hope that if more find their ancestry in Silao, some will be inclined to do DNA testing, particularly the Y 37 test or more, prefer Family Tree DNA because of their larger database, and find how we are all related.
- NOTES GENERAL:
- Postings show the more common spelling of names. The biographies, when possible, reflect what the clerics wrote in the record.
- Females in Latin American culture kept their maiden names and it is reflected in postings.
- In Latin American culture, all names were considered First Names and usually have been posted that way and then one Preferred Name selected to make it easier to find on wikitree.
- For Guanajuato: 1598-1821, the City/Town, Nueva España (Guanajuato, México). After 1821 City/Town, Guanajuato, México.
- For Aguascalientes: 1598-1821, the City/Town, Nueva Galicia (Aguascalientes, México). After 1821 City/Town, Aguascalientes, México.
- For New Mexico: 1598-1821 City/Town, Nueva España (México). 1821-1848 City/Town, México (Nuevo México). 1848-1912 City/Town, El Territorio de Nuevo México, USA.
- NOTES GENERAL ON GUANAJUATO:
- How to find original Guanajuato records at familysearch.org.
- 1. www.familysearch.org
- 2. Press Search button
- 3. Scroll down to Find a Collection and type in Mexico, Guanajuato Catholic Church Records 1519-1984 (I usually type in part of Guanajuato and it usually shows the above), press Select.
- 4. Scroll down to View Images in this Collection and Select Browse through images
- 5. Sign in if not already signed in.
- 6. Scroll to whichever City/Town you are looking for. Select.
- 7. When Parish appears, Select.
- 8. Select Baptisms, Deaths, Marriage Information or Marriages for the date you are researching.
- 9. Select Image number or scroll through the records
- Link of map to Guanajuato provided by Wikitreer T. Vasquez
- Silao de la Victoria towns and others
- Diccionario Geográfico, Histórico y Biográfico de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, by Antonio García Cubas
- NOTES ON INDIGENOUS YNDIOS OTOMI, TARASCO, LADINOS IN SILAO, GUANAJUATO, MEXICO: Some records indicate specific Yndios as early as 1760 but more so in the 1600's in Silao, Guanajuato records.
- NOTES GENERAL ON SILAO:
- There are 1774 Marriage Information records in GS Film 292008 Santiago Apostol, Silao Marriage Information 1714-1715, 1717-1718
- There are some 1744 Marriage information records in GS Film 292021 Santiago Apostol,Silao Marriage Information 1736-1737.
- There are 1744 burial records in GS Film 292017 Santiago Apostol, Silao Marriage Information 1730-1732.
- If you have ancestry from Coecillo, Peñuelas, Los Sauces, Timbiriche and areas near León, please also check records from León, Guanajuato, México, San Miguel de Leon, Guanajuato, México and San Francisco del Rincon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
- If you have ancestry in Bajio de Bonillas, GTO, MX, please also check records for San Miguel de Leon, GTO, MX.
- If you have ancestry from Las Cabras, Silao, GTO, MX and surrounding areas, please also check records for La Luz, GTO, MX.
- If you have ancestry in areas near Marfil, please also check records for Marfil, GTO, MX and Silao, GTO, MX.
- NOTES ON ANCESTRAL LINES FROM SILAO, GUANAJUATO, MEXICO:
- ANTILLON: While my database is far from complete, all Antillons from 1910 to 1600's have been posted. There is much more info from familysearch.org that needs to be posted.
- ARMENTA - Please ask if you have Armenta Ancestral lines. I have quite a few that haven't been posted yet. While my database is far from complete, all Armenta's, males and females, found in Silao in the 1700's to 1600's have been posted in an attempt to find progenitors.
- CABRERA - When time permits, all Cabrera's found in Silao are being posted. If you don't see yours and they are from Silao, please ask. There is still quite a bit yet to post.
- CHAGOLLA/PACHUCA/ROSALES - When time permits and while my database is far from complete, all Chagollas, Pachucas and Rosales, males and females found in Silao in the 1700's to 1600's are being posted in an attempt to find progenitors. Please ask as quite a few still need to be posted.
- DURAN - Please ask if you have Duran Ancestral lines. I have quite a few that haven't been posted yet.
- GONZALEZ - When time permits, Gonzalez found in Silao are being posted. If you don't see yours and they are from Silao, please ask. There is still an enormous amount yet to post.
- GUTIERREZ - While my database is far from complete and since there are several who descend from these lines, all male Gutierrez's found in Silao from 1700's to 1600's have been posted in an attempt to find progenitors. There are a few who were born in Yrapuato. There is much more info from familysearch.org that needs to be posted.
- MEDRANO - While my database is far from complete, all Medranos from 1700's to 1600's have been added. There is much more info from familysearch.org that needs to be posted.
- TERRONES - Please ask if you have Terrones Ancestral lines. I have quite a few that haven't been posted yet.
- VELASQUEZ - When time permits and while my database is far from complete, Velasquez males and females found in Silao in the 1700's to 1600's are being posted in an attempt to find progenitors. Please ask as quite a few still need to be posted.
NOTE: BEWARE OF CONFUSING & CONFLICTING INFORMATION FROM SOME DATADOCTORS. PLEASE REQUEST LINKS OR SEE IF THEY HAVE PROVIDED A WELL REASONED COMMENT. MOST INTEND TO BE HELPFUL BUT MANY ARE NOT.
-NOT ALL YNDIOS ARE INDIGENOUS. BESIDES OTHER ERRORS!
-IN MEXICO AND OTHER COUNTRIES FEMALES RETAIN THEIR LAST NAME GIVEN AT BIRTH AND DO NOT TAKE THEIR HUSBANDS WHEN THEY MARRY. THE CHURCH RECOGNIZED THIS IN MEXICO AND NEW MEXICO AS DEMONSTRATED IN ALL THE RECORDS.
-WHEN DATADOCS JUST DUMP IN HEADERS MAKING A MESS OF BIOS, IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. PERHAPS THE DATADOCS COULD TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE SURE THE HEADERS ARE IN THE CORRECT PLACE IF THEY NEED TO BE INCLUDED SO AS NOT TO MAKE A MESS.
-I HAD RECRUITED M. ROMO WHO QUIT BECAUSE OF THE DATADOCTORS AND ANOTHER PERSON WHO WAS COMING ON BOARD VERY SOON, AND HAS CHOSEN NOT TO, TO HANDLE ABOUT 2000 RECORDS, ADD DIACRITICAL MARKS WHERE APPROPRIATE, TRANSLATE SOME TO SPANISH SO THAT THOSE FROM MEXICO COULD EASILY READ THEM AND ADD TO THEM. MANY OF THE RECORDS I HAVE POSTED ARE IN SPANISH WITH HEADERS IN SPANISH. JUST DUMPING IN HEADERS IN ENGLISH DOESN'T HELP.
-NO THANKS ON JOINING THE DATADOCTORS. I HAVE MANY THOUSANDS OF RECORDS YET TO ADD AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO SPEND ON FIXING FIXES BY THE DATADOCS.
-DATADOCS AND RANGERS PLEASE BE PROFESSIONAL AND PROVIDE COMMENTS AND LINKS FOR CHANGES! GRACIAS.
- First-hand information. Entered by Lee Genealogia.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Lee's formal name
- e-mail address
For access to Lee G.'s full information you must be on Lee's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools