Michael was born in 1968 at Womack Army Hospital, Fort Bragg, NC. He is the son of Greg Ochs and Sandra Hair. His birth name was Michael Ray Sypert (see Raymond C. Sypert), but he was adopted at age 12 by Donald Gabbard. 
Michael has always been interested in Family and Local History and has an appreciation for old buildings, graveyards, and swappin' stories with cousins. He jumped down the rabbit hole and into "proper" Genealogy in the late 80's and hasn't looked back. Not only interested in his direct line, Mike has a passion for collateral lines, and has been working on his partner's line for many years as well.
Living far from his ancestral home in North Carolina (He lives in Southwest Florida), He is amazed at the wealth of information now available on the Internet - But he LIVES for those far-too-few trips back to the old home places where he can be found interrogating the elderly and stalking about cemeteries in Blue Jeans and sneakers with a notebook and camera, muttering to himself in quiet abandon.
He currently lives with his partner of 24 years, two canine rescues, a noisy bird, and a protege.
He is currently a Volunteer Greeter and Supervisor-emeritus on WikiTree and a member of it's Categorization Project. He participated in the RootsTech 2013 Conference in Salt Lake City where he helped represent WikiTree at its booth on the exhibition floor.
1968: Michael Ray 'Sypert' born in Manchester, Cumberland County, NC. 
1970: Living in North Carolina.
1980: Living in South Carolina.
1980: Michael is adopted by his mother's 3rd husband, Donald Gabbard.
1990: Living in Norfolk, Virginia while in the U.S. Navy.
1997: Michael Ray Gabbard was joined with David Ward in Holy Union at St. John the Apostle Metropolitan Community Church in Fort Myers, Florida on December 6 on their 6th anniversary together as a couple and Domestic Partners.
2000: Living in Cape Coral, Lee County, Florida with Domestic Partner David Ward.
2010: Living in Cape Coral, Lee County, Florida with Domestic Partner David Ward.
Early in the new millenium, Michael was connected with his Biological Father by a producer from the Today Show on NBC. They are still in contact...
No more info is currently available for Michael Gabbard. Can you add to his biography?
Relatives found through WikiTree
This is a list of other WikiTreers with whom I share common ancestry. It's so exciting to find these connections! If I've missed you, let me know. I haven't kept this list all along, so I'm doing my best to go back and find the relevant messages. (Also, let me know if you want to be removed from this list. This list is just for my own amusement, and I don't want to disturb anyone's sense of privacy.)
- Joshua L. West - 2nd Cousin
- John Neal Ellis - 3rd cousin, Once removed
- Dawn Glover Adams - Grandneice of TWO of my Grandaunts
- David Stanley - 1st Cousin, Twice removed of TWO of my Grandaunts.
- Betty Posan Foufos - 2nd Cousin, Once removed of my partner, David.
- David R. Lee - 4th Cousins
- Bonnie Coop Meier - 3rd Cousin, Twice Removed
- Jeff Hair - Uncle
- Sandi Faircloth - 2nd Cousin, Once Removed
- Kathy Trotter - Fourth Cousin, Once Removed
- Cathie Ranta - Fourth Cousin
- Michael Gabbard, firsthand knowledge. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Michael and others.
- ↑ Entered by Michael Gabbard, Nov 14, 2011
- ↑ North Carolina, Birth Index, 1800-2000; Index, FamilySearch
- ↑ Entered by Michael Gabbard, Nov 14, 2011
- Michael's formal name
- full middle name (R.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- personal memories about Michael (1)
- images (4)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Michael is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- Bacszarski is one of my partner's paternal Magyar / Hungarian lines.
- Coop is one of my adopted father's maternal lines, centered in Kentucky, USA.
- A primary intereste, Hair is one of my maternal lines centered in North Carolina, USA.
- Ochs is my biological father's paternal German line.
- Posan is one of my partner's paternal Magyar / Hungarian lines.
- A primary interest, West is one of my mother's maternal lines centered in North Carolina, USA.
On 8 Oct 2019 at 15:06 GMT Lizzie (Batman) Griffiths wrote:
I’m checking in with all Titanic Project Members to introduce myself and see how you are and what you are working on. I’m Lizzie and I’m honoured to be looking after the project in the role of coordinator. Please let me know what you are working on and if you need anything from me.
Looking forward to moving the project forward with you
On 31 Jul 2018 at 13:56 GMT Natalie (Durbin) Trott wrote:
I’m Natalie, leader of the Categorization Project. Please have a look at the revamped Categorization Project page, specifically about the new team approach. Members will be now be part of the Maintenance Team. Project Liaisons and leaders will be involved in the Vision and Collaboration team. Please contact me within the next week to let me know if you would like to remain an active member of the project. If I don’t hear back from you I will assume you no longer want to be a part of the Categorization Project. Thanks, Natalie
On 7 Jul 2018 at 02:49 GMT Eileen Bradley wrote:
On 11 Jun 2018 at 13:01 GMT Anonymous Moore wrote:
On 21 Sep 2017 at 20:36 GMT Skye Sonczalla wrote:
On 16 Jul 2016 at 18:54 GMT Dan Thompson wrote:
On 26 Jan 2016 at 06:27 GMT Maryann (Thompson) Hurt wrote:
Thanks for your interest in using Wikitree's categories.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 04:16 GMT Tonya Hair wrote:
On 2 Apr 2015 at 00:51 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
I noticed your new Club 100 badge.
Keep up the nice work.
On 4 Oct 2014 at 17:22 GMT PM Eyestone wrote: