Profile last modified 3 Apr 2019
| Created 10 Jul 2017
This page has been accessed 48 times.
1. dob estimated from dob of 6th son (Andrew, 1717) as David was 2nd son so at least 3 years before Andrew.
2. He was the second son
3. He was the ancestor of the Portuguese branch of the Gallweys.
4. Prerog will proved 21 Nov 1747.
5. In the family record he is known as David of Bantry.
6. Youngest child was Anstace d, Jan 1770, aged 24, hence b. c.1746.
7. Blackall noted that "This pedigree is mainly compiled from family papers in the possession of Mrs Dorothy Gallwey, widow of Edward H Gallwey [Gallwey-248], the last of his line. She kindly presented them to Col HD Gallwey at the suggestion of her bro-in-law, Mr Walford, Hon Sec, Cintra branch, Royal Historical Society".
Blackall, H., Galweys of Munster, Journal of the Cork Historical and Archaeological Society Vol LXXIII No 218 (Jul-Dec 1968) p. 164
Is David your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate, or contact
the profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with David by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: