|This person is an Acadian.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Acadians Project!
- Around 1633, Marie Gaudet was born to parents Jean Gaudet and an unknown mother. 
- Around 1650, Marie married Etienne Hébert, brother of Antoine. Between 1651 and 1670 Marie gave birth to 10 children: Marie, Maguerite, Emmanuel, Etienne, Jean, Françoise, Catherine, Martine, Michel, and Antoine. According to depositions from their descendents, Marie came to France with her husband.
- Children of Marie Gaudet and Étienne Hebert are:
- Marie Hebert, b. Abt. 1651, Port Royal, Acadia, d. Bet. 1677 - 1678, Port Royal, Acadia
- Marguerite HEBERT b: Abt 1652 in Port Royal, , , Acadia
- Emmanuel Hebert, b. Abt. 1653, Port Royal, Acadia. d. 30 Nov 1744, Grand Pré, Canada
- Etienne Hebert, b. 1654, Port Royal, Acadia, N.S., CA, d. 02 Nov 1713, St. Chas. de Mines, Ac.
- Jean HEBERT b: Abt 1659 in Port Royal, , , Acadia
- Françoise Hebert, b. Abt. 16613596, d. 17 Feb 1713, Port Royal, Acadia at approx. 50 years old
- Catherine Hebert, b. Abt. 1662, Port Royal, d. 03 Aug 1727, Louisbourg, Cape Breton
- Martine HEBERT b: Abt 1665 in Port Royal, , , Acadia
- Michel HEBERT b: Abt 1666 in Port Royal, , , Acadia
- Antoine HEBERT b: Abt 1670 in Port Royal, , , Acadia
- When Etienne died between 1669 and 1671, Marie married Dominique Gareau, Royal Sargeant, around 1676. They had one child Marie around 1677.
- Children of Marie Gaudet and Dominique Garaut are:
- Marie Garaut, b. Abt. 1677, Port Royal, Acadia, d. Aft. 1755, Virginia
- Marie Gaudet died at Port Royal on July 30 1710.
- DNA. The Mothers of Acadia Maternal DNA project is conducting ongoing research to verify their origins. In 2010, Stephen White reported Marie Gaudet had a J1b2 haplogroup. I don't know the details re how many of her descendants were tested to support this report. Ongoing test results are also reported here. As of May 2014, 9 descendants have consistently reported a J haplogroup, as have 10 descendants of her sister Francoise Gaudet. J haplogroups indicate European origins.
- CENSUS: 1671, Port Royal, Acadia.. Not living with her parents and 18-year-old brother Jehan, listed as widow of Estienne HEBERT, age 38 [so born 1633] with 10 children, 2 of them married. Her worked land is 3 arpents, with 4 cattle and 5 sheep. Living next door to daughter Marie, 20 and son-in-law Michel De FOREST.
- CENSUS: 1686, Port Royal, Acadia., age 60 [born 1626?]. Age probably wrong, since youngest child at home is 9 [really 53?]. Name is spelled GODET. She is living next door to her oldest child Marie HEBERT's 6 children, living with her remarried son-in-law and his 13-year-old bride.
- CENSUS: 1698, age 60 years (sic).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 White, Stephen A., Patrice Gallant, and Hector-J Hébert. Dictionnaire Généalogique Des Familles Acadiennes. Moncton, N.-B.: Centre D'études Acadiennes, Université De Moncton, 1999, Print, p666-667;800-801.
- ↑ White, Stephen A. Origins of the Pioneers of Acadia. According to the Depositions Made by Their Descendants at Belle- Ile-en-Mer in 1767.
- White, Stephen A., Patrice Gallant, and Hector-J Hébert. Dictionnaire Généalogique Des Familles Acadiennes. Moncton, N.-B.: Centre D'études Acadiennes, Université De Moncton, 1999, Print, p667.
- 1671 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Marie GAUDET, Widow of Etienne HEBERT, 38, Children (married): Marie 20, Marguerite 19; (not married): Emmanuel 17, Etienne 17, Jean 13, Francoise 10, Catherine 9, Martine 6, Michel 5, Antoine 1; cattle 4, sheep 5.
- 1686 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Dominique GARAULT 60, Marie GODET; children of Marie (and Emanuel HEBERT): Michel 20, Antoine 16; and Elarie Garault 9; 3 arpents, 4 sheep, 3 hogs.
- 1698 Acadian census at Port Royal: Marie GODET widow 60.
- See Also:
- francogene.com: Sources: Dictionnaire genealogique des familles acadiennes (Stephen A. White); Declarations de Belle-Ile-en-Mer; Dictionnaire des Acadiens d' Archange Godbout; Histoire et genealogie des Acadiens (Arsenault); Recensement 1686; Dictionnaire genealogique de L' Ancienne Acadie; Acadian Church Records.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Marie by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Marie:
- R Duhon : 23andMe, GEDMatch M134712
- Edward Boudreau : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A502083, Ancestry member LadyAlaise
- Gérard Arsenault : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A418688
- Thérese Gaudet : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A354105
- Irma Gaudet : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A332931
- William Bergeron : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member phattwm
- Phil Masse : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member oldrunner37
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 3 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roland Arsenault, Acadians Project WikiTree, Joe Sneed, Daniel Adamczyk, Antoinia Breau, and Vincent Courtney. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 20 May 2016 at 01:40 GMT Vincent Courtney wrote:
On 19 May 2016 at 20:05 GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On 19 May 2016 at 20:04 GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2015 at 23:12 GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On 20 Feb 2015 at 01:32 GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
"Etienne's wife Marie GODET was daughter of Jean and his second wife, Nicole COLESON, and not of first marriage. Pp. 554 and 555."
Marie is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 27 degrees from Bob Dylan, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.