- David Gentry's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Louisa Co DB 2, p.214
- Nicholas Gentry of Fredericksville Parish, for good will & fatherly love to my son David Gentry, 100 acres on branches of Dirty Swamp. Begin W. Winstons line, Maj. John Starkes corner.
- Signed: Nicholas (A) Gentry. 23 Aug 1757 ack. By Nicholas Gentry.
- David married Mary Estes on 16 Jul 1758 in Louisa Co VA. She was born about 1726 in New Kent Co VA, daughter of Reuben Estes.
- It is possible that David had a brief earlier marriage before he married Mary Estes. There is a Bailey listed in tax lists in Trinity Parish, Louisa Co, that seems to be too old to have been a child of Mary.
- David bought 500 acres in Albemarle Co in 1778, but left there in 1787 to move to Madison Co KY. He appears in the 1800 tax list in Madison Co. His will is also in Madison County.
- The editor of the Gentry JOURNAL suggests that David's name as eldest might indicate that the wife of Nicholas I was a Crawford, daughter of David Crawford. The Crawfords were active in St. Peter's Parish & had bought Samuel Gentry's land grant. He proposes the daughter Elizabeth but other Crawford records suggest that Elizabeth Crawford, daughter of David married Nicholas Meriwether.
- WorldConnect database at Rootsweb [This is the same file available from Ancestry.com Family Trees.] Subsequent Source Citation Format: WorldConnect database at Rootsweb. * Repository: R3 Name: My Files Address:
- Gentry Journal: W. M. Gentry, Editor, Journal of Gentry Genealogy; Online publication Subsequent Source Citation Format: W. M. Gentry, Editor, Journal of Gentry Genealogy; Online publication BIBL W. M. Gentry, Editor. Journal of Gentry Genealogy; Online publication. TMPLT TID 0 FIELD Name: Footnote VALUE W. M. Gentry, Editor, Journal of Gentry Genealogy; Online publication FIELD Name: ShortFootnote VALUE W. M. Gentry, Editor, Journal of Gentry Genealogy; Online publication FIELD Name: Bibliography VALUE W. M. Gentry, Editor. Journal of Gentry Genealogy; Online publication. Repository: #R6 Page: Vol 1, Issue 9; Sept 2001 TMPLT FIELD Name: Page VALUE Vol 1, Issue 9; Sept 2001
- This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010.
- This person was created on 03 January 2011 through the import of Weaver.ged.
- WikiTree profile Gentry-436 created through the import of Adamson for Wiki.ged on Jul 8, 2011 by Kay Haden.
- See the changes page] for the details of contributions.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with David by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with David:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 12 May 2014 at 00:22 GMT Holly (Knight) Battle wrote:
On 14 Mar 2014 at 19:22 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
David is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 9 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.