[private son (1930s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 8 Sep 2019
| Created 7 Sep 2019
This page has been accessed 11 times.
Mathew William Geschke was born in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, the son of Peter F. Geschke Jr. (1879–1951) and Clara Dowkowski Geschke (1878–1951).
Matthew married first Betty Short ( –1937).
Matthew married second Sophia A. Krisch (1905–1987), the daughter of Joseph Krisch and Mary Tschinkel, on 4 Jun 1938 at Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church in Cleveland. They had a son:
- Charles Matthew Geschke (1939- )
Matthew was a photo engraver with the Acme Engraving Company. He passed away at age 97 in 1999 in Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California, and was interred at Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery in Los Altos, California.
- ↑ "Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K3G4-GQT : 26 August 2019), Matthew Geschke and Sophia Krisch, 04 Jun 1938; citing Marriage, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States, , Franklin County Genealogical & Historical Society, Columbus; FHL microfilm.
- ↑ https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hartfordcourant/obituary.aspx?n=matthew-w-geschke&pid=1650
- "United States Census, 1910," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MLDD-W3Y : accessed 7 September 2019), Mathew W Geschke in household of Peter Geschke, Cleveland Ward 1, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 55, sheet 14A, family 299, NARA microfilm publication T624 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1982), roll 1166; FHL microfilm 1,375,179.
- "United States Census, 1940," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KWR4-V61 : 29 July 2019), Mathew W Geschke, Ward 33, Cleveland City, Cleveland City, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 92-880, sheet 9A, line 3, family 185, Sixteenth Census of the United States, 1940, NARA digital publication T627. Records of the Bureau of the Census, 1790 - 2007, RG 29. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 2012, roll 3238.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Matthew's formal name
- full middle name (W.)
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- exact deathdate
- death location
- private children's names (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Matthew Geschke's full information you must be on the Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Is Matthew your relative? Please don't go away!
to collaborate, or
the profile manager, or
our community of genealogists a question.