- John Alexanders Glen's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
||John Alexanders Glen was a New Netherland settler.|
Join: New Netherland Settlers Project
Johannes (John) Sanders Glen died November 6, 1731. His first wife was Annatie Peek, daughter of Jan Peek who married, New Amsterdam, February 20, 1650, Maria (DeTruy) Volchers, widow of Cornelius Volkertse Volchers. Jan Peek was an early settler in New Amsterdam where he and his wife kept an inn. In 1664 he was called one of the oldest inhabitants of New Amsterdam, Annatie Peek died December 19, 1689. 
- 06 NOV 1731 Scotia, Schenectady, New York, USA
- ↑ The Van Benthuysen Genealogy by A. S. Van Benthuysen and Edith McIntosh Hall (1953) p462
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Robison, Jeannie. Genealogical Records, Manuscript Entries of Births, Deaths and Marriages Taken From Family Bibles, 1581-1917 (The Colonial Dames of the State of New York, New York, 1917) Page 94
- Pearson, Jonathan. A History of the Schenectady Patent in the Dutch and English Times; being contributions toward a history of the lower Mohawk Valley (J. Munsell's Sons, Printers, Albany, New York, 1883)
- Pearson, Jonathan. Contributions for the Genealogies of the Descendants of the First Settlers of the Patent and City of Schenectady, from 1662 to 1800 (J. Munsell, Albany, New York, 1873)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John Alexanders by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with John Alexanders:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: New Netherland Settlers WikiTree and Thomas MacEntee. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 8 Jun 2015 at 02:29 GMT Steven Mix wrote:
John Alexanders is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 21 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.