- David Goodrich's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Queen Anne's War.
David Goodrich was born 04 May 1667, the son of William Goodrich and Sarah Marvin.
David Goodrich married Hannah Wright (b. 10 March 1670 or 1671?) on 7 March 1688 at Wethersfield. She was the daughter of Thomas Wright, deceased, and Elizabeth Chittenden. Sarah died on 27 April 1698 at Wethersfield. David and Hannah had the following children, all born at Wethersfield:
- Josiah, b. 15 Jun 1690; d. 13 Sep 1731, Tolland.
- Elizabeth, b. 19 Nov 1691; d. 25 Aug 1726, Farmington.
- Ellizur, b. 30 Mar 1693, Wethersfield; d. 04 Apr 1774, Wethersfield.
- David, b. 08 Dec 1694, Wethersfield; d. 24 Jul 1784, Rocky Hill.
- Abigail, b. 02 Apr 1697, Wethersfield; d. 23 Sep 1712, Wethersfield.
David married, second, Prudence Churchill on 01 Dec 1698 at Wethersfield, daughter of Benjamin Churchill and his wife Mary. She was born 02 Jul 1678, and died 09 May 1752 in Wethersfield, Connecticut. David and Prudence had the following children, all born at Wethersfield:
- Hezekiah, b. 28 Jan 1700, Wethersfield, Connecticut; d. 09 Oct 1732, Wethersfield, Connecticut.
- Prudence, b. 18 Jun 1701, Wethersfield; d. 29 Nov 1783, Glastonbury, Connecticut.
- Sarah, b. 12 Mar 1703, Wethersfield; d. 05 Nov 1784; m. (1) UNKNOWN WARD; m. (2) UNKNOWN STARR; m. (3) JAMES LORD, 21 Dec 1725, Saybrook.
- Mary, b. 15 Dec 1704, Wethersfield; d. 05 Nov 1745, New Haven County, Connecticut.
- Hannah, b. 02 Aug 1707, Wethersfield; d. 03 Sep 1773.
- Jeremiah, b. 09 Sep 1709, Wethersfield; d. 08 May 1793, Portland, Connecticut.
- Anna, b. 14 Feb 1712, Wethersfield; d. 15 Nov 1784; m. (1) JAMES REYNOLDS; m. (2) UNKNOWN JONES.
- Zebulon, b. 22 Nov 1713, Wethersfield; d. 09 Jul 1788.
- Benjamin, b. 13 Nov 1715, Wethersfield; d. 14 Mar 1797.
- Abigail, b. 18 Jan 1718, Wethersfield26; d. 09 Sep 1761; m. UNKNOWN RUSSELL.
- Charles, b. 07 Apr 1720, Wethersfield; d. 15 Nov 1816, Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
- Millicent, b. 23 Jan 1723, Wethersfield; d. 03 Dec 1749; m. NATHAN OLMSTEAD, 04 Dec 1740, Ridgefield.
David died on 23 Jan 1755 at Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut, and is buried at the Wethersfield Village Cemetery in Wethersfield.
There are two stones for David. You can see a picture of his gravestones at FindAGrave. One shows that he was a Captain in Col. Whitney's Regiment in Queen Anne's War. He died at the age of 87; while the other says that he was a Captain in North Company during the Indian War.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Goodrich-Family-Memorial Association. The Goodrich Family in America. A genealogy of the descendants of John and William Goodrich of Wethersfield, Conn., Richard Goodrich of Guilford, Conn., and William Goodridge of Watertown, Mass..... Chicago: Fergus printing company, 1889. Open Library Page 34 and 37
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 www.FindAGraave.com; Created by: Jan Franco; Record added: Mar 08, 2005; Find A Grave Memorial# 10587995
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Connecticut Vital Records to 1870 (Online Database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011.) From original typescripts, Lucius Barnes Barbour Collection, 1928. Wethersfield, Page 120-129
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with David by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with David:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Becky Syphers, Jonathan Watkins, and David McAvity. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
David is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Bob Dylan, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 15 degrees from Michael Phelps and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.