Categories: House of Grey.
Anschetiel de Grai (b. 1052), father of Richard (living 1110) ... Anschetiel, is listed in Domesday (1086) ... holding Rotherfield and 6 other manors in Oxon, "of the fee of William FitzOsborn, Earl of Hereford. His successors are traced as benefactors of Eynsham Abbey". Although his origins are unclear, Wikipedia states he may have been from the area of Graye-sur-Mer in France.
m. _____. Issue:
- (probably) John de Gray (d. 18 Oct 1214), Bishop of Norwhich.
GEDCOM and Ancestry.com Trees -- Birth: ABT 1060; Anchetil was born in 1085. Anchetil deGrai ... He passed away in 1138; Anchitel /De Grey Birth: 1085 Rotherfield,,Oxfordshire,England
Fletcher, W.G.D. (1887). Leicestershire Pedigrees and Royal Descents. Clarke and Hodgson. Google Books.
Lipscomb, G. (1847). "Pedigree of de Grey of Rotherfield." The history and antiquities of the county of Buckingham, Volume 1. J. & W. Robins. Google Books.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Anschetil's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Crickett Lile. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 30 Jun 2015 at 14:09 GMT Katherine (Alvis) Patterson wrote:
On 30 Jun 2015 at 12:19 GMT Leigh (Hoolihan) Murrin wrote:
On 12 Apr 2013 at 21:11 GMT Anonymous (Lindt) Large wrote:
Last name Crépon
Anschetil is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 30 degrees from Ayn Rand, 28 degrees from Peter Roberts and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.