- Sophronia Groner's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Based on the 1840 and 1850 census records for Cabarrus County, NC, it appears Sophronia died between 1840 and 1850.
In the 1850 census Jacob is a household head and is listed as 71 years old. Sophronia is not listed in the household but her daughter is listed as "Suffroney" with an age of 33. There is also a Robert, age 4, in the 1850 census. Was this Sophronia's son or a grandson? If a son, it is possible Sophronia died of childbirth at an age of 64?
Sophronia's sister Margaret married John Blackwelder, Jacob's brother.
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
1. NC census records.
2. Blackwelder Family Genealogy http://www.arslanmb.org/blackwelder/Descendants-52.pdf
3. http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/w/a/l/Gary-D-Walter/GENE1-0015.html - Genealogy record which shows Sophronia and Margaret Groner were sisters.
- Husband: Jacob Blackwelder
- Wife: Sophronia Groner
- Date: 1802-01-18
- Place: Mecklenburg, North Carolina, USA
- Source: S536813853 Repository: #R536794466 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=12132211&pid=134
- Source: S825356614 Title: North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868 Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2000.Original data - State of North Carolina. An Index to Marriage Bonds Filed in the North Carolina State Archives. Raleigh, NC, USA: North Carolina Division of Archives and History, 1977 Note: APID: 1,4802::0
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sophronia by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Sophronia:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ron Templeton and Linda Griffin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 15 Jun 2015 at 14:39 GMT Ken Sargent wrote:
Sophronia is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 14 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 22 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 21 degrees from Ayn Rand and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.