Profile last modified 30 May 2020
| Created 28 Jan 2015
This page has been accessed 4,218 times.
Jeff Haines is a professional genealogist specializing in the Carolinas, Florida, and British West Indies. He is the Florida Coordinator for WikiTree's U.S. History Project.
He has spoken at national conferences hosted by the National Genealogical Society, the Federation of Genealogical Societies, and the Association of Professional Genealogists and at events hosted by state and local societies throughout the Southeast.
Jeff is a past president of the Association of Professional Genealogists and served for more than a decade as the president of the North Carolina Chapter.
He is the author of the National Genealogical Society's Research in the States Series volume on North Carolina and is a former editor of the North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal. He has published articles in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly, the APG Quarterly, and OnBoard (published by the Board for Certification of Genealogists).
Jeff's personal research focuses on his paternal grandfather's ancestry in the South Carolina Low Country, his paternal grandmother's ancestry in the Florida Keys and Bahamas, and his maternal ancestry in the Tri-State area of southwestern Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia, and eastern Ohio.
- First-hand information. Entered by Jeffrey Haines at registration.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Jeff Haines and Anonymous Green, third cousins. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: 4th Cousins; Confidence: High; 37.0 cM shared across two segments.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by a 152.8 cM match between Jeff Haines GEDmatch A553546 and his second cousin once removed David Freeman Sr GEDmatch A248056.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Jeff Haines and Gayle Conaway, mother. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: parent/child; Confidence: Extremely High; 3,484.0 cM shared across 41 segments.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Jeff's formal name
- full middle name (L.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
For access to Jeff Haines's full information you must be on Jeff's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Jeff is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- I work on many families that came to Florida from the Bahamas, especially Lowe, Thompson, and Russell.
- I descend from Thomas Conaway who died in 1783 in Bedford Co., PA. My branch lived around Marion Co., WV.
- I worked extensively with families from the Keys and South Florida
- My Haines family comes from the South Carolina Low Country. DNA seems to confirm that they arrived from Outer Space ;-)
- Following the US History Project
Jeff Haines's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Jeff or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Jeff Haines:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup I-BY140425, FTDNA kit #344940, MitoYDNA ID T12690 [compare]
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Jeff:
- Jeff Haines:
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A553546 [compare], Ancestry member hainesjeff1 +
Family Tree DNA Family Finder , GEDmatch A553546 [compare], FTDNA kit #344940
- Gayle (Conaway) Haines :
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A851905 [compare] +
Family Tree DNA Family Finder , GEDmatch A851905 [compare], FTDNA kit #B11955
- Robert Conaway :
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A566164 [compare] +
Family Tree DNA Family Finder , GEDmatch A566164 [compare], FTDNA kit #363504
- William Conaway :
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A279305 [compare] +
Family Tree DNA Family Finder , GEDmatch A279305 [compare], FTDNA kit #363505
- Cathy (Conaway) Senko :
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A668726 [compare] +
Family Tree DNA Family Finder , GEDmatch A668726 [compare], FTDNA kit #B15250
- David Freeman :
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A248056 [compare], Ancestry member EHALE84191
- David Fairley :
AncestryDNA , GEDmatch A298900 [compare], Ancestry member fairleyd11
- Chris Haines :
Family Tree DNA Family Finder , GEDmatch T109230 [compare], FTDNA kit #424955
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.