-- 1800 census - Thomas, William, and Reason Halsell were on the tax rolls of Clark County, KY.
- 1810 census - Onley W. Halsell was listed in the Cumberland Co, KY.
- 1836 tax census - Only W. Halsel was listed on the 1836 Tax List for Montgomery Co, TN.
- 1840 census - Thomas, Onley, and "Mrs. Polly Halsell" were in Montgomery County, TN. Onley had 2 children living in his house.
- 1841 census - John B. Halsul, C. T. Halsul, and Only W. Halsul were listed in District No. 1.
- 1842 - Only Halsell was appointed guardian of Edward Boyce Halsell.
- Also, in 1842, Only Halsul (sic) was a security in a marriage in Montgomery Co, TN.
[This was prob. EBH's mar. to Ruth Ann Manion in Sept of 1842).
- 1850 census - Onley, Charlotte, and seven children were in Montgomery Co, TN.
Onley died sometime before 1860.
Also in the 1850 census were:
- Jeffery Halsy, age 43, Patsy A. Halsy age 41, and six children were in Wilson Co, TN. Jeffery and Patsy were born in VA.
- Dempsey Halsey, age 62, Martha Halsey, and two children were in Sumner Co, TN.
- Gilbert Halsey, age 27, Lucy Halsey, both of GA, and four children were in Sumner Co, TN.
Thank you to James Markus Küntzer for creating WikiTree profile Halsell-122 through the import of 03 06 2013.ged on Jun 3, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by James Markus and others.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Onley William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Onley William: