John George Washington Hancock (1778-1787), only son of John Hancock and wife Dorothy Quincy, died while skating at age 9 when he fell through the pond ice.
John "Johnny" George Washington Hancock, son of John Hancock III and Dorothy Quincy, was b. Mar. 8, 1778 in Fairfield, Fairfield Co., Connecticut; he died on Jan. 27,1787 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts from a head injury while skating on a pond in Milton, Massachusetts. He is buried at Granary Burial Groung, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
- ↑ Entered by Raymond Nichols.
Thanks to Raymond Nichols for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Raymond and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
John is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 21 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 19 degrees from David Selman and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.