- Andrew (Harmon) Harman's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Killed by a falling tree Buried in Old Harmon Cemetery, Sugar Grove, Cove Creek Twp., Watauga Cty, NC.
Died Wednesday 16 March 1814, Sugar Grove, Ashe Co. (now Watauga Co.), NC Buried Old Harmon Cem., Sugar Grove, Cove Creek Twp., Watauga Co., Andrew Harman's funeral sermon was preached by Rev. James Edens, Sr. who came to the Hix Settlement by way of Daniel Boone's trail which was a chopped out way that led from Elizabethton, TN up Watauga River via Beech Creek and Windy Gap. Rev. Edens was an Englishman who immigrated to Baltimore, MD around 1762 with his brothers Robert (later Governor of Maryland), Charles (later Governor of North Carolina) and John. Around 1770, he settled in Carter County, TN and became the first preacher there. Rev. Edens was a Baptist minister and his Bible, which is still in the possession of his decendants, was published in England in 1698. During the Revolutionary War, Rev. Edens was detailed to help guard the women and children at the Watauga Settlement.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Andrew by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Andrew:
- Sylvia (Mast) Bernard : 23andMe, GEDMatch M165453 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch M165453, Ancestry member SylviaMastBernard
- Ellen (Bellavance) Casseday : 23andMe, GEDMatch M434238 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #B19063
- Shirley (Littler) Bellavance : 23andMe, GEDMatch M482319
- Tom Culver : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A915644, Ancestry member tomculver20
- D (Mast) White : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member ddmast1
- Unknown Mast : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member billpatty96
- Donald Poole : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member DonaldPoole
- R Barnhardt : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member rsbarnhardt
- Larry Laughrun : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member llaughrun
- Darin Jones : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member darinjones113
- C (Murray) Jenkins : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member CM
- L Green : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member LG
- Michelle (Green) Hunter : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member michellegreen
- J Kelly : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member JK
- Charles Wilson : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Charleswilson2
- Tina (Gragg) Flanagan : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member tinaFlanagan2004
- Robin Daniels : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member robindaniels
- Sherry Lambert : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member sherry_liebe
- T Tolley : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member tresatolley
- Unknown (Bell) Ingram : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member mrschief28
- Nanci Mast : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member justnanci228
- Unknown Nickle : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member nlnickle
- Jeff Danner : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T097620, FTDNA kit #424206
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Laury Kenton and Richard Schultheiss. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 8 Apr 2016 at 00:50 GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
Andrew is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 20 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.