- Thomas Harrington Sr's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This Harrington site shows Ann Majour as mother of Thomas who m Whitmell. It also shows Sarah Mason as m Charles Harrington, another son of Thomas & Ann Majour. The site includes sources, but not for these folks (the "See" link is to a different part of the same page).
I. Thomas HARRINGTON b.c 1665 Northhampton Co, VA, m. Sarah MASON b. c 1667 VA, daughter of John MASON b. 1641
- II. Thomas HARRINGTON b.c 1690 Bertie Co, NC, d. 1744 Northhampton Co, NC. (?), m. Mary WHITMEL, daughter of Thomas WHITMEL b. 1650 NC and Elizabeth BRYAN.
- In showing the above, Sharon Herrington notes: "I include this for information only as I do not have proof, but a number of researchers of this line have shown Thomas [m Sarah Mason] as the father of Thomas [m Mary Whitmel]"
- Source: Research compiled by Sharon Herrington (see Descendants of Thomas Harrington), which includes a citation for an LDS Ancestral File of "descendants of Thomas Harrington and Sarah Mason/son Thomas Harrington and Mary Whitmel"
Harrington DNA Site includes unsourced lineages, one of which shows that Thomas m Whitmell was son of John Harrington m Ann Majour.
this site includes notes about Harrington land transactions; also includes a comment that Humphrey Harrington "John's brother" names an Ann Majours as daughter-in-law in his will.
this site includes entries for brothers John and Humphrey, sons of Thomas Harrington born 1625 in Virginia (died "<1713>, North Carolina, British North America") to unnamed parents (father born England 1594, died 1653, Northampton County, Virginia). This site also includes Edward Harrington's will (transcript and image) and a transcript of Humphrey Harrington's will.
- of possible interest: Thomas Harrington, arrived 1699, Westmoreland Co. as an indentured servant purchased by William Smith of Richmond County, Virginia, who owned the sloop Vine. Thomas Harrington, an orphan, was 9 when he arrived in Virginia from the Village of Kersey "County of Suffik" above the "Vine", which had sailed from London on November 17, 1697. (information provided to Sharon Harrington by Chris Herrington "whose parents obtained a copy of the original docket book in the Archives in London, thus providing the extra details above." posted by Sharon)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Source: #S897896056 Text: Birth date: 1690Birth place: NC, USA APID: 1,5769::1992702
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Source: #S845368369 Page: Birth year: 1689; Birth city: Chowan District; Birth state: NC. Text: Birth date: 1689Birth place: Chowan District, NCDeath date: 1743Death place: Northampton Co, NC, NCMarriage date: 1713Marriage place: Chatham Co APID: 1,4725::4190556
- S221: Patricia Lee (record number MH:S221), Cronley Web Site, MyHeritage.com family tree
- S536813853: Ancestry Family Trees (Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members).
- S845368369: Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Individual Records (Ancestry Online publication, 2000. APID: 1,4725::0)
- S897896056: Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Births (Ancestry Online publication, 2001. APID: 1,5769::0)
- See also:
- Patriarch page, Harrington DNA
- A WikiTree profile for this person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011. Source citations record numbers MH:IF1121759, MH:IF1121760, MH:I3309 and S221.
- The WikiTree profile Harrington-889 was created through the import of Harrington _ McLaurin .ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Linda Griffin. Source citations S536813853, S845368369, and S897896056.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gregory Harington : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M512, Ysearch 66WPR, FTDNA kit #229612
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Liz Shifflett, Katharine Jones, and Linda Griffin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Nov 2015 at 17:28 GMT Katharine (Mounger) Jones wrote:
On 27 Jun 2015 at 15:15 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 21 Apr 2015 at 14:36 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
sorry - not father/son, but showing Sarah Mason as mother of Thomas who m Whitmel. Citation was LDS, and Sharon includes note: I include this for information only as I do not have proof, but a number of researchers of this line have shown Thomas (m Sarah Mason) as the father of Thomas (m Mary Whitmel)
On 21 Apr 2015 at 14:32 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 21 Apr 2015 at 14:28 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 30 Dec 2014 at 06:52 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 30 Dec 2014 at 06:10 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 8 Jun 2014 at 00:10 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Thomas is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from Bob Dylan, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 17 degrees from Michael Phelps and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.