- Thomas John Harrington's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Following information was included as a note in this profile, but does not appear to pertain to the person this profile is intended to represent (as of Jan. 9, 2016):
- In 1675, John Harrington purchased land in Surry County, VA. In 1687, he was in the Surry County Militia. In 1693, he received a land grant in Surry County, VA. In 1694 he is listed as a titheable in Surry County and sold property (Book 1, VA Archives.) In 1719 he received a land grant in Chowan County, NC. John Harrington was one of seven members forming a new Baptist church at Camden NC. He purchased land in Bertie County NC, P101, index 361, Deed Book C. He received a land grant for 300 acres in Edgecombe Co NC on 2 Feb 1728 and sold the land to Joseph Bradley in Aug 1733. He received a land grant for 200 acres on 1 May 1742 and a second land grant for 200 acres on 5 May 1742 on Arthur Creek in Edgecombe Co NC. His will was filed in Northampton Co NC in 1744 with Drury and Mary Harrington as executors.
- 1665, Northhampton, Virginia
- 1744, Northampton, Virginia
- Sarah Mason was removed as the wife of Thomas Harrington (and added as the wife of Charles Harrington). She was also removed as the wife of son Thomas Harrington (see his profile for additional details). ~Liz Shifflett, April 26, 2015
- Harrington-McLaurin: Ancestry link
- Harrington McLaurin: Ancestry link
- ↑ User ID: E1EC1ECA-4582-4B31-A061-45CCF1A3FF46, Record ID Number: MH:IF1123182
- ↑ User ID: 2D970CE7-2E7F-4781-87A5-196D9A93C784; Record ID Number: MH:IF1123183
- S34; Record ID Number MH:S34; User ID: CC7D35F7-7779-499C-9628-4FE65FCAB9A0. Eric Wright, Wright Family Web Site (MyHeritage.com family tree)
- S536813853: Ancestry Family Trees (Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members).
- Record ID Number: MH:I3312; User ID: B82F71BC-EA6D-442C-B5BD-533FBD90499C; UPD: 16 OCT 2009.
- This person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011.
- The WikiTree profile Harrington-890 was created through the import of Harrington _ McLaurin .ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Linda Griffin.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas John by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gregory Harington : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M512, Ysearch 66WPR, FTDNA kit #229612
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Liz Shifflett and Linda Griffin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 20 Feb 2016 at 20:41 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Thomas John is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 26 degrees from Bob Dylan, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 18 degrees from Michael Phelps and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.