- Nicholas (Harrington) Harington MP's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
alias: Nicholas Harington / Haverington.
m.1 (ante Sep 1369) Isabel English (Sir William English of Appleby, Little Strickland, and Hasket, Westmorland, Knight of the Shire for Westmoreland and Margaret le Brun, b. abt.1345) Issue: 3 sons; 5 dau.
- Sir William
- Sir James
- Isabel I
- m. Sir Richard Huddleston
- m. Richard Sherburne
- m. John Redman
- Isabel II
- Knight of the Shire for Lancashire.
- Sheriff of Lancashire.
- master forester of Quernmore, Lancaster.
He was heir in 1361 to his older brother, Thomas Haverington, by which he inherited the manors of Farleton (in Melling), Bolton-le-Moors, Heath Charnock, Aighton, etc., co. Lancaster and Farleton in Kendale, co. Westmorland.
1369: went to Ireland in the retinue of William de Windsor, Knt., where he fought for the next two years.
1373: he and William Curwen, knt. (husband of his wife's aunt, Ellen le Brun) caused major devastation on the estates at Beaumont, co. Cumberland of Ralph de Dacre, Lord Dacre.
1375: implicated in Lord Dacre's murder ... subsequently excommunicated by the Archbishop of York.
Flower, W. (1881). "Tunstall." The Visitation of Yorkshire in the Years 1563 and 1564. The Harleian Society, Vol 16. Charles Best Norcliffe, Ed. London. Google Books.
Haryngton, Sir Nicholas (c.1344-c.1404), of Farleton in Lonsdale, Lancs. and Farleton in Kendal, Westmld. HOP. Web.
Richardson, D. (2011). "Thomas Parr." Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd ed. Google Books.
Richardson, D. (2011). Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study In Colonial And Medieval Families, 2nd ed, pp. 265.
Richardson, D. (2010, July 21). "Sir Nicholas Harrington's wife." soc.genealogy.medieval. Google Groups. Weblog.
- ↑ 3rd son; proved age in 1365.
- ↑ Margaret's father is Richard le Brun.
- ↑ co-heiress c. 1369 to uncle Robert le Brun ...inherited manor of Drumburgh (in Bowness), Bowness, Cardurnock, etc., and a one-third share in the manors of Bothel (in Torpenhow), Beaumont, and Brunskaith, co. Cumberland.
- ↑ date of fine.
- ↑ Joan/Jennet was widow successively of Thomas de Lathom, Knt. (died 1382), of Lathom, Knowsley, and Huyton, co. Lancaster, and Roger Fazakerley.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Nicholas by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gregory Harington : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M512, Ysearch 66WPR, FTDNA kit #229612
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robert Keniston, Katherine Patterson, Darlene Athey-Hill, Kevin Gerald Ryan, Bob Fields, and Crickett Lile. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 29 Jan 2016 at 06:26 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Nicholas is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 29 degrees from Bob Dylan, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 23 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.