Margaret Hawxwell married Richard Alan Fairclough on 13th September 1941. During the Second World War Margaret met Richard while they were both working in Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) in Billingham. They lived in the North East of England in Bank Road in Billingham in the early/mid 1950s, Norton Green in Stockton on Tees in the late 1950s and early 1960s, Castle Close in Middleton St George in the 1960s and early 1970s and thereafter in Worsall Road Yarm.
Sadly Margaret suffered from a major brain hemorrhage in the early seventies but survived for more than 20 years after a slow partial recovery lasting a few years. Margaret was able to walk to the family antiquarian bookshop at 26 High Street Yarm from the bungalow which they bought in Worsall Road to save her having to go up any stairs and afford her relatively easy access to Yarm.