Categories: WikiTree Help
Joining the Community
1.) If you see that a family member has already created a profile for you, ask them to add your e-mail address to it. This will send you an invitation.
Free Benefits of Membership
- Create and edit an unlimited number of profiles.
- Add an unlimited number of photos and source images.
- Receive private messages without revealing an e-mail address.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members to privately share modern family history.
- See almost no advertisements — WikiTree is funded through ads shown to non-members and guests who don't sign the Honor Code.
- Follow activity in up to 20 surnames.
- Attach your DNA test information to ancestor profiles and enjoy the growing range of features and benefits for genealogists who have taken DNA tests.
- Receive weekly e-mail updates with recent changes.
- View upcoming birthdays and wedding anniversaries for everyone in your family.
- Track all personal contributions and view detailed edit histories.
- Award and receive badges.
- Send family photos as e-cards.
- Limit surname index pages to display only family members.
- Coordinate family reunions, surname projects, events and just about anything else on an unlimited number of public or private web pages.
- Display ancestors and descendants in over a dozen of different family views.
- Use the Family List to see up to 29 generations on one page.
- Find a common ancestor with anyone else within 30 generations and name your relationship.
- Use advanced matching and merging tools.
- Participate in regional and topical group projects.
- Have a user profile in G2G, our Genealogist-to-Genealogist Forum.
- Export GEDCOMs for safe-keeping or to upload a family tree elsewhere.
Since all of this is free, we can only afford to provide these services to genealogists who share our mission to grow a collaborative family tree that makes our genealogy free and accessible. See the Honor Code for our principles.
This page was last modified 14:11, 14 March 2018. This page has been accessed 115,075 times.