Help:Data Doctors Challenge
What is the Data Doctors Challenge?
In April we host an annual Spring Clean-a-Thon to investigate and fix database errors found by Aleš in his WikiTree+ data analyses. These events have been a great way to improve our shared tree and have fun while doing it. This success led us to create weekly mini-challenges that are easy for anyone to participate in.
Do you have a suggestion for a challenge? Add it here.
Challenge start date is approximate. It generally starts within few hours of posting new errors. It depends on when Aleš manages to prepare the errors.
Participation and Tracking
To participate, first click to the table on the report page for the current week.
The rows of this table show categories of errors, warnings, and suggested changes.
The columns show centuries, e.g. 1700-1799.
The cells have the number of profiles of people who were born or died in that century that have that error or suggestion.
Click on one of these numbers. That will show you the table of profiles. In the last column of this table are "STATUS" buttons.
When you correct an error, simply set the status and enter a comment for it.
There are five status options:
- Comment (no change in status): This enables you to add a comment without changing the status.
- Not corrected: This sets the error as not corrected. It will continue to be shown in all lists.
- Corrected (hide until next recheck): This sets the error as corrected so it will be hidden from error reports until the next week. After that it will be shown again if it was not actually corrected.
- False error (hide forever): This sets the error as a false error. It will be hidden from WikiTree+ error reports forever.
- Proposed merge (hide for 30 days): This hides the error for 30 days thus giving a merge time to be completed. The error will be hidden from prepared error lists.
Each time you work on an error and set the status, you'll earn a contribution point.
Only the errors in the special report for the challenge (this week: Location IX) count for the challenge.
Tracking Results and Winners
Current challenge results
|Reports||By User||By Suggestion||By User and Suggestion||By Suggestion and User||By Suggestion Group and User||Update frequency|
|Simple||User||Suggestion||User and Suggestion||Suggestion and User||Sugg. Group and User||5 min|
|Detailed||User Detailed||Suggestion Detailed||User and Suggestion Detailed||Suggestion and User Detailed||Sugg. Group and User Detailed||1 hour|
|By Day||User by Day||Suggestion by Day||User and Suggestion by Day||Suggestion and User by Day||Sugg. Group and User by Day||1 hour|
|Total By Hour||By Hour||1 hour|
Previous challenge results
- By Participant
- By Error Type
- By Participant and Error Type
- By Error Type and Day
- By Participant and Day
- By Hour
Each weekly challenge ends Sunday at 11:59 pm EDT. The participant with the most points will be the winner for that week and earn the badge.
Here are the winners of previous challenges:
Please join the challenge! Everyone on WikiTree wins with a cleaner shared family tree.
This page was last modified 17:02, 7 December 2018. This page has been accessed 23,589 times.