|Twee project leaders, Michael Stills en Peter Roberts, op de RootsTech conferencie in Utah.|
Een project is een groep leden die rond een onderwerp of vrijwilligersactiviteit is georganiseerd. Er zijn "top-level"-projecten zoals die je hieronder ziet, sub-projecten, project teams en easy-to-start free-space projecten. Zie de Project FAQ voor meer informatie.
Om te zien of een bestaand project past bij je interesses of voorouders, bekijk de onderstaande lijst of Category:Projects, waaronder veel projectteams en free space projecten die hier niet worden vermeld. Er is ook een subset van Pre-1700 Projecten.
The place for WikiTreers who want to improve WikiTree's coverage of the French settlers who came to Nova Scotia and the surrounding areas in the early 1600s, as well as their descendants.
Coordinator: Gisèle Cormier
The Australia Project covers the profiles of people who were born or lived in Australia. It is currently being re-organised, please refer to the project page for up to date information.
To coordinate WikiTreers who are researching and improving WikiTree's coverage of families in the Bahamas.
For WikiTreers who are working on all Canadian profiles.
Leaders: Dave Rutherford and Amy Gilpin
Coordinators: Laurie Cruthers (Ontario), Brad Foley (Atlantic Canada Team), Danielle Liard (Québec), Robin Helstrom (Western Canada Team) | Doug McCallum (Managed Profiles Team) | Alex Stronach (Profile Improvement Team)
To view all Canadian sub-projects and project teams, go here.
For those with an interest in Denmark and its history.
Leaders: A leader is needed here. Please contact Abby if you're interested.
The mission of this project is to improve and merge the many early Scandinavian profiles on WT, both fictional and historical. The profiles belonging in this project should be born in a location ruled by Scandinavians and have a birth year before the year 1200.
It is not our mission to add a lot of new profiles.
The goal of the England project is to reach as high a standard of work as possible on English profiles and to increase the number of English profiles on WikiTree.
- County Teams Led by Nic Donnelly & Elizabeth Viney
- Help Desk Team Led by Hilary Gadsby
- Managed Profiles Team Led by Jo Fitz-Henry and Stephen Trueblood
- Orphans Team Led by Becky Troth & Michael Christmas
- Profile Improvements Teams Led by Maddy Hardman & Janet Wild
- Topics Teams Led by Ros Haywood
- Membership - Fran Weidman & I Speed
The goal of this project is to bring together Finnish people, and those of Finnish descent, in one place to collaborate on Finnish profiles.
The mission of the France Project is to support research and collaboration on profiles of French people, as well as people of French heritage or origin.
Leader: Isabelle Martin
The objective of the Germany Project is to create genealogies and biographies for those families that came from Germany and its population in Russia, Poland, Austria, and Switzerland.
Leader: Kylie Haese
There are 26 sub-projects (see the project page for all of them), including:
- Volga German coordinated by Russ Gunther
- Prussians in Australia Team Leader: Kylie Haese
- Bavaria coordinated by Michael Thomas
- Rhineland-Palatinate coordinated by Michael Thomas
- Palatine Migration Project, led by Dave Rutherford and Ellen Smith
- Volhynia Project led by Lena H and Maggie N
For WikiTree users interested in profiles and sub-projects related to India.
Leader: Maria Maxwell Other Leader would be most welcome here
The Indonesia Project is focusing on adding, sourcing and improving profiles of persons associated with Indonesia
Leader: Bea Wijma and a co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Bea
A project for WikiTreers with Irish ancestry or an interest in Ireland.
Project Coordinators :
A project focused on those with Italian Ancestry.
Leaders: Michael Maranda
The Latin America project is the umbrella project for the history and genealogy of the 20 Latin American nations: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
El Latin American Roots Project está abierto a cualquier persona que tenga un interés en la historia o genealogía de las 20 naciones de América Latina.
Leader: Karen Tobo, and we need one more Leader. Interested? Contact either Karen.
The purpose of the Mexican Roots Project is collaboration on profiles of individuals and families directly associated with Mexico. The Mexican Roots Project is open to anyone who has an interest in the history or genealogy of Mexico.
Dutch Roots / Netherlands Project
Leader: Bea Wijma
Joop van Belzen - Nederlands Portaal
B.W.J Molier Arborist and Connector
Astrid Schellenberger - Dutch Roots Challenge Project
Margreet Beers First contact for (new) members
Melissa McKay - Portal World - The Netherlands
G2G Tags: Netherlands or Dutch Roots
For WikiTree users interested in profiles related to New Zealand
For WikiTree members interested in Norway
Leader: Eva Ekeblad, Another leader is needed here. Please contact Eva if you're interested.
Project coordinator: Leif Biberg Kristensen
The purposes of the Poland Project is to develop, maintain and do improvements on profiles at WikiTree for those who lived in Poland or have Polish ancestry.
Leaders: Maggie N.
The goal of this project is to gather people together to collaborate on Portuguese profiles in order to increase their presence on WikiTree and ensure that they can be of the best standard possible.
Leaders: Mindy Silva
A Project for members interested in helping to create, source, connect, and improve profiles related to the people and places in Canada, Nouvelle-France - today, territory of province of Québec
- Les Filles du Roi Project coordinated by Danielle Liard
- Les Filles à marier Project led by Amy Gilpin
The goal of the Scotland Project is to help Scottish profiles reach the highest standard possible and to increase the number of Scottish profiles on WikiTree.
- Project Coordinator: Sarah Mason
- Membership Coordinator: Jackie Prentice
- Scottish Clans Teams: Mark Sutherland-Fisher
- Managed Profiles: Mark Sutherland-Fisher
- Scottish Nobility Team:Mark Sutherland-Fisher
- Geographical Teams Coordinator: David Urquhart
Leaders: Maggie N.
- Czech Roots, coordinated by Helmut Jungschaffer
- Russian Roots, Team Leader, project coordinator - SJ Baty
- Ukrainian Roots
- Croatian Roots, project coordinator: Emily Kusec-Ashcroft
- Romanian Roots
A top-level Umbrella project covering the areas encompassed in South Africa currently and historically.
A project focused on profiles with South African connections, as well as working together to make WikiTree more South African friendly.
- Voortrekkers led by Ronel Olivier, Susanna de Bruyn coordinated by Louis Heyman
- 1820 Settlers led by Ronel Olivier, Susanna de Bruyn coordinated by Sharon Cadwell
- Anglo Boer War-Anglo Boer Oorlog 1899-1902, led by Susanna de Bruyn, Ronel Olivier
- Cape of Good Hope - Kaap de Goede Hoop (1652-1806), led by Susanna de Bruyn, Ronel Olivier, and Bea Wijma coordinated by Philip van der Walt, Gordon Mac Rae and Dirk le Roux
- British Home Children, led by Mags Gaulden
- Suid Afrikaanse Portaal, WikiTree in Afrikaans ! led by Ronel Olivier, Susanna de Bruyn
Bea Wijma (assisting)
Assisting translator Dirk Laurie
The goal of the Spain Project is to increase the presence of Spanish profiles on WikiTree and to raise the standard of research into Spanish profiles and records. It is our goal to help make profiles of those born in Spain the best that they can be.
Sweden Project is a project for WikiTreers, of any nationality, who are interested in helping make the Swedish profiles at WikiTree the very best they can be.
Leaders: Maggie Andersson
The Switzerland Project is focused on adding, sourcing and improving profiles of persons associated with Switzerland and their ancestors.
Leaders: Two leaders are needed.
The Wales Project is for WikiTree users interested in profiles related to the Welsh people and their descendants around the globe.
This Project is currently being split up into individual projects for England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland - no further UK Project badges are being issued - June 2019
A top-level Umbrella project covering the areas encompassed in the United Kingdom currently and historically, including the major areas of England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
- Bermuda led by Maria Maxwell
- British Isles Politicians coordinated by Sir William Arbuthnot
- British Indentured Servitude. Coordinated by Grace McChesney.
A project to gather many of the US-related sub projects together, spanning from before the USA was a nation to its current state.
Leaders: Ellen Smith
Note: Not all projects related to the United States are included in the United States Project. Your particular interests might be covered by a topical project such as the Mayflower Project, the Puritan Great Migration Project, the William Penn and Early Pennsylvania Settlers Project, Project:1776, the Hatfield and McCoy Project, or a sub-project of the Military and War Project. There are many other U.S.-related projects besides these, so look around!
There is a state sub-project for every U.S. state (click through to the project's main page for details) and there are several topical sub-projects, some of which are listed below. If you're interested in being a Leader or Project Coordinator for a state project or for one of these sub-projects, contact Ellen
- African-American Project coordinated by Sarah Heiney; Lucy Selvaggio-Diaz
- New Sweden led by Jim Angelo coordinated by H Husted.
- Southern Pioneers led by Paula J
- Westward Ho! Project Westward Ho! project is made up of 8 sub-projects. Click through to the project page for more information. Coordinated by Bart Triesch, T Stanton
A project focused on those ancestors and family members we sometimes wish...weren't. The outcasts, outlaws, and outlandish folks in our family trees.
Leaders: Susan McNamee
- Bootleggers and Moonshiners This Project needs a coordinator.
- Gangsters This Project needs a coordinator.
- The Hatfields and McCoys led by Mary Richardson
- Outlaws This Project needs a coordinator.
- Pirates This Project needs a coordinator.
- Spies and Traitors This Project needs a coordinator.
- Witch Trials coordinated by Kyle Dane
Voor WikiTreers die geïnteresseerd zijn in de ontwikkeling van profielen voor slachtoffers, overlevenden, reddingswerkers of humanitaire hulpverleners van alle rampen overal ter wereld, van vroeger tot nu, en Free Space pagina's die de gebeurtenissen beschrijven.
For those interested in improving how WikiTree works for genetic genealogists and integrates DNA test information.
The oldest and largest project on WikiTree, EuroAristo's focus is on the noble families of Europe, from as far back as there are reliable records, to the present day.
- European Ancient Royals and Aristocrats led by John Atkinson
- British Royals and Aristocrats led by Darlene Athey-Hill
- European Royals and Aristocrats led by John Atkinson and Amy Utting
Focusing on the many indigenous groups around the world and the difficult research accompanying their history.
Leader: Shirley Dalton and a co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Shirley
The mission of the Global Cemeteries Project is to make WikiTree the preferred site for genealogists and family researchers to find and share information regarding the final resting places of our ancestors.
For WikiTree users interested in profiles and sub-projects related to the Holocaust.
This project focuses on those French-speaking Protestant Christians who fled their French-speaking homelands (France, Alsace-Lorraine, today's Belgium etc.) to avoid religious persecution, migrating to other countries, including England, Holland, Germany... It includes "2nd & 3rd generation" Huguenot family members, born outside their parents' French-speaking homeland, who then migrated beyond Protestant Europe to North & South America, South Africa, the East Indies etc.
Leader: Chet Snow and A Co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Chet
A project focused on those with Jewish Ancestry.
This project focuses on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, including Mormon founders, LDS Pioneers, the Mormon Battalion, the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and prominent members past and present.
The goal of this project is to categorize and improve profiles of the twenty-five medieval barons who were surety for Magna Carta; about two hundred proven American colonial Gateway Ancestors who were their descendants; and the documented lineages that connect them.
For WikiTreers who are working on the profiles of the Mayflower passengers and their immediate families.
The purpose of this project is to build profiles and pages for the various military and war related events in our ancestries.
- Roll of Honor led by Paula J, coordinated by Terri Rick
- French and Indian War coordinated by Julia Ryan
- 1776 Project, (American Revolutionary War) led by SJ Baty
- War of 1812 coordinated by Terri Rick
- Creek war led by Allan Thomas
- Mexican American War coordinated by Mary Richardson
- US Civil War: War Between the States led by Paula J, coordinated by Mary Richardson
- Spanish-American War led by Jacqueline Clark
- Anzacs coordinated by Ken Evans. Previously led by Terry Wright and Irene Dillon, both now Emiratis.
- The Great War 1914-1918 (World War I) led by Jacqueline Clark
- World War II coordinated by Mary Richardson and Julia Ryan
- Korean Conflict coordinated by Julia Ryan
- Vietnam War coordinated by Julia Ryan and Mary Richardson
- War in Afghanistan coordinated by Mary Richardson and Julia Ryan
- Iraq War coordinated by Mary Richardson and Julia Ryan
- Military Musicians led by Paula J and Mary Richardson
A top-level project to manage and develop sub-projects according to tribe, event or other area of historical or cultural interest. The geographic scope will be lower 48 states plus Alaska in North America. The time frame will cover pre-colonial until the present.
- Apache Tribe
- Cherokee Tribe
- Catawba Nation
- Comanche Tribe
- Creek Tribe
- Family of Powhatan
- Lakota Tribe
- Miami Tribe
- Pueblo Tribe
- Saponi Tribe
- Seneca Tribe
- Shawnee Tribe
- Shoshone Tribe
- Sioux Tribe
- Wampanoag Tribe
This project focuses on New Netherland families who settled the area during Dutch rule, and also includes their ancestors, descendants and other members of the New Netherland community. The primary period of interest ended in October 1674, but other people who were in the New Netherland area before 1700 and settlers' descendants who were born there as late as 1776 may also be included. See the project page for more details.
A project to help add and connect the people and families of Notables throughout history to our global tree.
For anyone who wants to pursue a One Name Study, allowing sharing and collaboration with other members while keeping the structure of the study using categories.
Project Coordinator: Ros Haywood
For people participating in one place studies and wanting to make the most of WikiTree categories and other features to support those studies.
For WikiTreers interested in the early Puritan colonists who started arriving after the Mayflower and form the 20-40k settlers who arrived in New England mostly between 1621 and 1640.
Focusing on those of the Quaker religion worldwide.
Project Coordinator: David Wilson
Coördineren van WikiTreers die werken aan het verbeteren van de profielen van de Amerikaanse presidenten, hun vice-presidenten, evenals hun nakomelingen en voorouders.
Met betrekking tot voorouders die leefden in de Zuidelijke koloniën van vóór 1776 Amerika.
Voor WikiTreers die geïnteresseerd zijn in de mensen die vanaf 1682 vanuit Europa naar Pennsylvania en de omliggende gebieden emigreerden.
Leader: SJ Baty
WikiTree Adoption Angels are volunteers who have taken on the mission of helping adoptees look for and connect with their biological families.
WikiTree Ambassadors are volunteers who are active in social media and/or blogging and who are dedicated to helping share the WikiTree love!
Leader: Eowyn Langholf and a co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Eowyn
WikiTree Arborists are volunteers who have taken on the mission of improving the overall health of our single world WikiTree, specifically seeking out and merging duplicate profiles.
- Project Leaders: Natalie Trott and Steven Harris
- Coordinators: Doug McCallum (Category Maintenance Coordinator) • Margaret Haining (Membership Coordinator)
- Team Leaders: Amy Gilpin • Ros Haywood • Wendy Sullivan
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Categorization project and get a badge.
- Add Categorization to your followed tags.
- We use Google Groups for communication.
A project focused on connecting all the loose branches around WikiTree to our main Global Family Tree.
Members working together to use tools that seek out errors on our site.
Leader:Aleš Trtnik and a co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Aleš
A friendly group of members who welcome new guest members and confirm those who volunteer to become Wiki Genealogists.
Project Coordinator: is Karen Butler
This project focuses on integrating WikiTree and G2G, the Genealogist-To-Genealogist Forum.
- Integrators Challenge led by David Selman and Bea Wijma coordinated by Dorothy Barry, Pip Sheppard
Assisting Coordinators: Laura Bozzay, Bob Keniston
- All About The Weekend Chat led by Pip Sheppard coordinated by Laura Bozzay
A project to help people with foreign languages (such as interpreting foreign genealogy records), as well as investigating ways to make WikiTree more friendly to non-English speakers.
Leaders: Karen Tobo and a co-leader needed here; contact Karen to help.
Mentors help people to become the best WikiTreers that they can be, whether that be coming alongside new members, helping people to learn how to source, do merges, understand DNA, work with GEDcompare, understand Styles and Standards, or pre-1500 profiles. They also work with those who are struggling to understand WikiTree's uniquely collaborative community and work towards helping resolve conflicts and improving communication. Mentors are a dedicated team of precious, patient, kind and dedicated individuals that are a huge asset to WikiTree as a whole.
A project to help grow WikiTree through multimedia outreach-from things to use at conferences and speaking at your local library to G+ chats to video tutorials. We're always looking for great ideas and doers!
Leader: Paul Bech and a co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Paul
To bring together WikiTreers who love to make profiles beautiful and correct! We clean up messy biography sections and sources, and try to set standards for attractive, useful, and well-written biographies.
- Unknowns Project coordinated by Esmé van der Westhuizen
- Disproven Existence Project led by SJ Baty and Isabelle R.
A Project for members who are interested in helping to prevent forest fires.
Leaders: Eowyn Langholf
- Project Leaders: Steven Harris and Aleš Trtnik
- Coordinators: N/A
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Nl:Projecten project and get a badge.
- Add templates to your followed tags.
- We use Google Groups for communication.
- Check out our maintenance categories for our project needs, then jump in and start helping!
Members who help Project Leaders and project members stay connected through project check-ins.
Dit is voor het bespreken en delen van hulpmiddelen om WikiTree beter te maken. Het omvat externe hulpmiddelen en de ontwikkeling van apps. Deze groep is speciaal voor mensen met technische vaardigheden.
Leader: Jamie Nelson
Als je een project hierboven geen project ziet dat past bij je voorouders of interesses, kun je misschien de start maken en een ander de weg wijzen door er een starten!
Zie eerst de lijst met openstaande projecten hieronder en Start een Nieuw Project.
The goal of this project is to work on ways to improve WikiTree as a global genealogy resource, and reach out to genealogists around the world.
Leader: Eowyn Langholf and a co-leader is needed here! If you're interested, contact Eowyn
A group of WikiTreers who discuss, debate, and propose changes to WikiTree's styles and standards.
This page was last modified 11:46, 24 May 2020. This page has been accessed 638 times.