Categories: Genealogy Help
Here are some places to read about how other people researched their family history. These can be good sources for advice and inspiration.
EllisIsland.org has a half dozen well-written personal stories including:
- A woman from Portland, Maine researching her Irish longshoreman grandfather.
- An African-American from Virginia digging through the cruel history of slavery to find her ancestry.
- A man whose Chinese father escaped the Japanese invasion in 1938 to come to America.
- A man searching for his Jewish ancestors who came to America from Bohemia.
- A California nun whose Mexican grandparents escaped the clutches of Pancho Villa in 1915.
- A third-generation Italian who was able to reunite with family in Italy.
This page was last modified 17:58, 30 September 2021. This page has been accessed 277 times.