Categories: WikiTree Help
What is a Watchlist?
More technically, it's the list of profiles on which you are on the Trusted List.
It may not be a comprehensive list of your family members or ancestors. See your Family List for that.
You're alerted to changes in your Watchlist through your Family Activity Feed and weekly e-mail update.
Adding and Removing Profiles from Your Watchlist
You don't directly edit your Watchlist.
A profile is on your Watchlist if you are on its Trusted List. Therefore, a profile automatically appears on your Watchlist if:
- you create it,
- you request to be added to its Trusted List and are approved, or
- someone else proactively adds you to its Trusted List.
Trusted List changes can be made in bulk or one at a time from the "Privacy" tab on profiles.
Watchlist Key: Icons and Symbols
Icons for tools and views
Icons after names link to various tools and views:
- = Ancestor Pedigree Chart
- = Relationship Finder
- = Edit the Profile
These are just shortcuts. Other views are linked from the individual profile pages.
This tightly packed column has three valuable tidbits for advanced WikiTreers.
First, the status icon indicates whether the profile is:
- = Managed by you.
- = For an active active member like you. The number is their contribution count. Clicking it will lead to their contributions page.
- = For a pending member, i.e. someone who has been invited to join WikiTree but hasn't accepted yet. Clicking it will lead to a page to send another invitation.
If you don't see one of these three icons, it means the profile is passive but not managed by you.
Second, this column displays the person's Last Name at Birth. If you click on this it takes you to a separate index with all the people with this surname who are on your Watchlist.
Privacy Level indicators
The colored dots in the last column indicate the Privacy Level:
- = Unlisted
- = Private
- = Private with Public Biography
- = Private with Public Bio and Tree
- = Public
- = Open
Pink, blue, and green backgrounds
A pink or blue background behind a name indicates a female or male.
If the background is green it means that no gender has been selected for the person. WikiTree doesn't set a default gender unless you're adding a mother, father, or spouse, and people often forget to select it.
Custom Subsets of Your Watchlist
You can create custom sub-sets of your Watchlist using the To-Do Lists feature.
This page was last modified 07:43, 29 December 2017. This page has been accessed 6,590 times.