- Special:Familylist: a comprehensive list of your family members.
- Help:Activity_Feeds: monitoring activity in your Watchlist.
- Help:Reducing the Size of Your Watchlist
- Help:Trusted List FAQ
Adding and Removing Profiles from Your Watchlist
You don't directly edit your Watchlist.
A profile is on your Watchlist if you are on its Trusted List. Therefore, a profile automatically appears on your Watchlist if:
- you create it,
- you request to be added to its Trusted List and are approved, or
- someone else proactively adds you to its Trusted List.
Trusted List changes can be made in bulk or one at a time from the "Privacy" tab on profiles.
Watchlist Key: Icons and Symbols
Icons for tools and views
Icons after names link to various tools and views:
- = Ancestor Pedigree Chart
- = Relationship Finder
- = Edit the Profile
These are just shortcuts. Other views are linked from the individual profile pages.
This tightly packed column has three valuable tidbits for advanced WikiTreers.
First, the status icon indicates whether the profile is:
- = Managed by you.
- = For an active active member like you. The number is their contribution count. Clicking it will lead to their contributions page.
- = For a pending member, i.e. someone who has been invited to join WikiTree but hasn't accepted yet. Clicking it will lead to a page to send another invitation.
If you don't see one of these three icons, it means the profile is passive but not managed by you.
Second, this column displays the person's Last Name at Birth. If you click on this it takes you to a separate index with all the people with this surname who are on your Watchlist.
Privacy Level indicators
The colored dots in the last column indicate the Privacy Level:
- = Unlisted
- = Private
- = Private with Public Biography
- = Private with Public Bio and Tree
- = Public
- = Open
Pink, blue, and green backgrounds
A pink or blue background behind a name indicates female or male.
If the background is green it means that no Sex at Birth has been selected for the person. WikiTree doesn't set a default sex unless you're adding a mother, father, or spouse, and people often forget to select it.
This page was last modified 21:15, 8 April 2022. This page has been accessed 23,943 times.