- Beverly Hemmings's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Beverly, a carpenter and fiddler.
In 1822 at the age of 24, Beverly "ran away" from Monticello and was not pursued. His sister Harriet Hemings, 21, followed in the same year. Madison Hemings said that Beverley and Harriet each entered white society in Washington, DC, according to their appearance, and each married well.
- ↑ Sally Hemongs (Wikipedia)
- ↑ See this well-sourced Wikipedia article for a discussion of the evidence linking Jefferson and Hemings
Originally entered by Leslie Ridley-388 26 Mar 2014
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Beverly by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Beverly:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Beverly is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Lucrezia Borgia, 17 degrees from Emma MacBeath, 18 degrees from Charles Schulz and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.