- Griffith Hill's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Hodnet, Shropshire.
Griffith Hill, of Hodnet
Griffithus Hill. 
Griffith Hill was born est 1375, probably Shropshire, England, the son of William Hull and Unknown Bunting. 
Griffith Hill of Hodnet was born circa 1372 in Buntingsdale, Market Drayton, Shropshire, England. 
He was the son of William Hill, I and Isabel Buntingsdale. 
Griffith Hull was the son of William Hull and grandson of Hugh Hull and his wife Eleanor, daughter and heir to Hugh de Wlonkeslow. 
1400 Marriage to Margaret Warren
He married Margaret Warren.
Estimated 1400 he married Margaret Warren, b. est 1378 probably Shropshire, England. 
Griffith married Margaret (or Mary), sister of Griffith Warren of Ightfield.
'Griffith Hull [son of William Hull], of Hull, ... m. temp. Henry IV [between 1399 and 1413], Margaret, sister of Griffith Warren, of Ightfield, in Salop, a younger branch of the old Earls of Warren and Surrey, ...'
In the family of "Will'us Hull " and ".... Bunting of Buntingsdale" is listed "Gruffithus Hull de Hull in co. Salop [and of Wlonksslowe]" who married "Margaretta soror Gruffithi Warren de Ightfeld in co. Salop."  Treswell, Robert; College of Arms (Great Britain); J. Paul (John Paul) Rylands; Augustine Vincent; William Camden; and George Grazebrook. The visitation of Shropshire, taken in the year 1623. (London: [Harleian Society], 1889), 28:243. Cited by We Relate. Griffith Hull and Margaret Warren. http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Family:Griffith_Hull_and_Margaret_Warren_%281%29. Accessed December 15, 2016 </ref>
Est 1433 Griffith Hull died.
Griffith Hill died circa 1433 (53-69) in Hull, Shropshire, England.
- Humfridus hill de Buntingesdale Griffith Hull had a son Humphrey Hill, or Hull, as the name was formerly spelt. Humphrey Hill, b. est 1410, probably Shropshire, England  Griffith was the father of Humphrey Hill, of Blore. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Geni.com, Griffith Hill. Added by: Jennifer Kathryn Vaughn on February 2, 2008. Managed by: Margaret (C) and 16 others https://www.geni.com/people/Griffith-Hill-of-Hodnet/5089778724150044028. Accessed December 16, 2016
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Visitation of Shropshire, Taken in the Year 1623, By Robert Tresswell, Somerset Herald, and Augustine Vincent, Rouge Croix Pursuivant of Arms, Marshals and Deputies to William Camden, Clarenceux Ring of Arms.Publication of the Harleian Society, Est. AD 1869. Stuche of Styche, p. 445-446, Part II, London: 1889 https://books.google.com/books?id=HC8EAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA445&lpg=PA445&dq=Wlonkeslow&source=bl&ots=4W2_p_4F7J&sig=6aYtJVXKH-MY64D-KpXnqfL6DKE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA3eq-kYXRAhXLTSYKHa_UAVcQ6AEIOjAI#v=onepage&q=Wlonkeslow&f=false. Accessed December 21, 2016
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 We Relate. Griffith Hull and Margaret Warren. http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Family:Griffith_Hull_and_Margaret_Warren_%281%29. Accessed December 15, 2016
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Joan or Johanna Hill, the wife of John Gratwood, was the sister and co-heir of Sir Rowland Hill, the first Protestant Lord Mayor of London, and daughter of Thomas Hill of Malpas and Hodnet, by Margaret, daughter of Thomas Wilbraham of Woodhay, co. Chester, son of Humphrey Hill, or Hull, by Anne, or Agnes, daughter and co-heir of John Bird of Charlton, by the niece and heiress of David David de Malpas. A reference to the Egerton pedigree shows that Roger, natural son of Sir William de Malpas, had issue David, father of David of Bickerton and Hampton who married Katherine, daughter of Hugh de Bickerton. They had issue John, whose son, David, died without issue, thus leaving his aunts his co-heirs. Humphrey Hill, or Hull, as the name was formerly spelt, was the son of Griffith Hull of Buntingsdale and Wlonkeslow by Margaret, or Mary, sister of Griffith Warren of Ightfield, son of William Hull, the son of Hugh Hull of Hull by Eleanor, daughter and heir of Hugh de Wlonkeslow. Collections Historica and Archaeological relating to Montgomeryshire, Vol. XIV, p. 69, Hugh de Wlonkeslow is given as the the father of Eleanor, the wife of Hugh Hull. https://books.google.com/books?id=lpoxAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=%22Hugh+de+Wlonkeslow+%22&source=bl&ots=E2TzFOwMIQ&sig=XktMqh5r8yRSYa-6pss7U40kLjU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitgOuR2oPRAhXEx1QKHYs-CIAQ6AEIODAG#v=onepage&q=%22Hugh%20de%20Wlonkeslow%20%22&f=false. Accessed December 20, 2016.
- ↑ Burke, John, and George Ormerod. A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great Britain and Ireland enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank: but uninvested with heritable honors. (London: Published for Henry Colburn, by R. Bentley, 1834-1838), 1:654. Cited by We Relate. Griffith Hull and Margaret Warren. http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Family:Griffith_Hull_and_Margaret_Warren_%281%29. Accessed December 15, 2016
This person was created through the import of Kelley Family Tree.ged on 14 January 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Griffith's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Griffith is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 28 degrees from Ayn Rand, 22 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.