- Green Hill Jr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: 1776 Project.
Rev. Green Hill was born 14 November 1741 in Northampton County, North Carolina, Green was a Methodist minister. He married first Nancy Thomas on 13 October 1763 in Northampton County, North Carolina, daughter of Jordan Thomas. She was born 26 July 1745 in Northampton County, North Carolina, and died 16 January 1772. He married second Mary Seawell on 1 June 1773, daughter of Benjamin Seawell. She was born 5 August 1751 in Brunswick County, Virginia, and died 20 July 1821 in Williamson County, Tennessee. Green was granted 3,834 acres in Tennessee. Green served as a Major and chaplain during the Revolutionary War. In 1783 he was elected to the Council of State, North Carolina. In August 1774 he was elected a member of the Provincial Congress, in Newbern, North Carolina. In 1825 they lived in Williamson County, Tennessee and died 11 September 1826 in Plaxco Farm, Williamson County, Tennessee.
Green married Nancy Thomas, daughter of Jordan Thomas and Ann Seward, in Northampton County, Province of North Carolina on 13 Oct. 1763. Their children were:
- Jordan, who became a state legislator and sheriff of Franklin County;
- Hannah, who married Thomas Stokes of Chatham County;
- Nancy, who married Thomas Knibb Wynn of North Carolina;
- Martha, who married Jesse Brown of North Carolina; and
- Richard, who died in infancy.
Nancy Thomas Hill died on 16 Jan. 1772.
On 3 June 1773 Hill married Mary Seawell, daughter of Benjamin Seawell of old Bute County. The children of this second marriage were:
- Green Hill III (trustee of Franklin Academy when it was chartered by the legislature in 1802 and trustee board clerk when it opened in 1805), who married Mary Long, daughter of Colonel Gabriel and Sarah Richmond Long;
- Lucy, who married the Reverend Joshua Cannon;
- John; Thomas;
- Sally Hicks, who never married;
- Mary Seawell, who married Adam de Graffenreid of Tennessee;
- William; and
- Joshua C., who married Lemiza Lanier of Beaufort County.
- ↑ Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940 database, FamilySearch, Green Hill and Mary Seawell, 01 Jun 1773; citing Brunswick, Virginia, reference ; FHL microfilm 30,659.
- ↑ Find A Grave Reverend Green Hill. Memorial# 9018117.
- ↑ ncpedia.org Biography: Hill, Green, Jr., 3 Nov. 1741–11 Sept. 1826, by E. T. Malone, Jr., 1988
- ncpedia.org Biography: Hill, Green, Jr., 3 Nov. 1741–11 Sept. 1826, by E. T. Malone, Jr., 1988
- www.mcdowellgenealogy Green Hill
- Green Hill by Ivey, Thomas N. (Thomas Neal), 1860-1923; Allen, J. Edward, Published 1926
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Green by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Green:
- Raymond Ross Haas : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A727454, Ancestry member trexbecky + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T564225, FTDNA kit #532695
- Becky Valliere : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T452821, FTDNA kit #532694
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 29 Nov 2016 at 08:42 GMT Paula J wrote:
Green is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 15 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 21 degrees from Ayn Rand and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.