- James Hogue's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Occupation: Farmer and cattle rancher
- User ID: CD4C1C7D9E2C4FE7A0551CF33DC886A3E45B
- Data Changed:
- Date: 29 Nov 2011
- Time: 11:48
- Date: 29 Nov 2011
Prior to import, this record was last changed 11:48 29 Nov 2011.
- Note: #NI2511
- WikiTree profile Hogue-127 created through the import of Miller1.ged on Dec 1, 2011 by George Miller. See the Changes page for the details of edits by George and others.
- Note NI2511James Hoge serves as a private in the Colonial Army in the Canadian campaign and was captured at Quebec. He was later released. When the Revolutionary War broke out he served in the Pennsylvania line under General George Washington and was present at the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown.
- The records in the pension bureau at Washington state that he was granted a pension for his services.
- While still in Virginia, James Hogue had started making wagons in Virginia and his older sons were likely associated with him in the business. He said he wanted to put the "County on Wheels."
- After James Hogue and his family arrived at the home of John Gibson in Pennsylvania his daughter, Martha took sick with the smallpox. She was nursed by her Aunt Martha and recovered. It was she who later married her cousin, Thomas Gibson. After Martha recovered James joined John Gibson, Joseph Woods and several members of the Brazelton and McCartney families and moved to Blount County, Tennessee. They settled near the Hostein River which is about 10 miles from Knoxville.
- James has been described as having a very fine singing voice for church choirs.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with James:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
James is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Bob Dylan, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 23 degrees from Michael Phelps and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.