Buddy Holly, was an American musician and singer-songwriter and a pioneer of rock and roll. Although his success lasted only a year and a half before his death in an airplane crash, Holly is described by critic Bruce Eder as "the single most influential creative force in early rock and roll." His works and innovations inspired and influenced contemporary and later musicians, notably the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, and Elvis Costello, and exerted a profound influence on popular music. In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked Holly number 13 on its list of the 100 greatest artists of all time.
- The "Chirping" Crickets (1957)
- Buddy Holly (1958)
- That'll Be the Day (1958)
Buddy Holly released three albums in his lifetime. However, he recorded so prolifically that Coral Records was able to release brand-new albums and singles for 10 years after his death, although the technical quality was mixed, some being studio quality and others home recordings.
- "United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-27821-2728-59?cc=2000219 : accessed 04 Aug 2014), Texas > Lubbock > Justice Precinct 1, Lubbock > 152-3B Justice Precinct 1, Lubbock City bounded by (N) 4th; (E) Av N; (S) Main; (W) Av Q > image 8 of 28; citing NARA digital publication of T627.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Buddy's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Buddy is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 25 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 21 degrees from David Selman and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.