- George Holmes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
According to the 1860 US Census George was born about 1818 in Connecticut. George T. (Thomas?) Holmes resided in New London, CT where he was a teacher. ... the 1870 census lists him as a "cooper"
George T. Holmes fought in the Civil War for the Union Army at the rank of Sargent in the First Connecticut Heavy Artillery regiment. He Enlisted 22 May 1861 and mustered out 21 May 1864. 
The 1820 U.S. Census listed a George Holmes married to an Ida Holmes living in Colchester, New London, CT which may have been George T. Holmes parents. There were living with a total of nine "free white" people, six of whom were engaged in agriculture. 
No more info is currently available for George Holmes. Can you add to his biography?
- See also: https://holmesgenealogy.wordpress.com/nathan-holmes-ancestors-and-descendants/holmes-families-of-montville-new-london-connecticut/
- ↑ http://dunhamwilcox.net/town_hist/nl-chap15b.htm
- ↑ New London Vital Records, Vol. 4, Pg 68
- ↑ A Comstock Genealogy: Descendants of William Comstock of New London
- ↑ U.S. Census 1820
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
George is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 27 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.