- Sarah (Hopcott) Macy's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This information on Sarah Hopcott's name, being from Chilmark, as well as her birth and death years can be further documented in the book, The Macy Genealogy, by Silvanus Macy, on page 67.
Parents and Birth
Sarah Hopkott was born 1612. Her parents were from Chilmark Co., Wiltshire, England. Sarah died on Nantucket Island in 1706.
- Place: Chilmark, Wiltshire, England
- Place: Salisbury, Massachusetts
- Place: Nantucket, Massachusetts. He (Thomas Macy) was prosecuted and fined for allowing four Friends on a journey to take shelter in his house about three quarters of an hour one rainy day, in 1659, as his own letter to the court informs us. It is worthy of note that his grandson and many others of his descendants became Friends. Like Roger Williams, he fled from persecution in Massachusetts. His family were the first white settlers in Nantucket, then under the jurisdiction of New York. Edward Starbuck and Isaac Coleman, a lad 12 years old, accompanied them.
- 1640: Salem,Massachusetts
Marriage and Issue
- Sarah, born 9 July 1644 in Salisbury, Essex, Massachusetts, died in 1645 -1646 in Salisbury, Essex, Massachusetts.
- Sarah (1646-1701) m. William Worth (1642-1724) on 11 Apr 1665 in Nantucket, 
- Mary (1648-1729) m. William Bunkers (1648-1712)
- Bethiah (1650-1732) m. Joseph Gardner (1652-1701)
- Thomas (1653-1675)
- John(1655-1691) m. Deborah Gardner (1658-1712)
- Francis, (1657-1658)
Thomas Macy , of Chilmark, Wiltshire, England was made freeman at Newbury, Mass., September 6, 1639.
He was one of the founders of Salisbury, Massachusetts. (named for the shiretown of Wilts). His religious denomination was Baptist, and he preached occasionally. Because of religious persecution, he with nine others, purchased the island of Nantucket in February, 1649, the deed being dated July 2, 1659. Nantucket at that time was under the jurisdiction of New Amsterdam.
- LDS Baptism:: 2 Dec 1935
- LDS Endowment: 16 Apr 1936
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 The Macy-Colby House Thomas Macy. The Macy-Colby House, 257 Main Street, Amesbury, MA 01913 USA · Phone: 1-978-388-3054 Copyright © 2016 The Macy-Colby House All Rights Reserved • The Macy-Colby House is on the National Register of Historic Places. Accessed 2016 November 19 by amb
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Edward Norris Wentworth, Jr., The Genalogy of Edward Norris Wentworth Junior. Publication: Location: Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA; Date: June 1928. Page: 50-51. Special Project Submitted in Courses in Community Life and Advance Biology at the University High School, University of Chicago
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The old families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts ; with some related families of Newbury, Haverhill, Ipswich and Hampton. Accessed 2016 November 20 by amb
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 © 2004 by Michelle Boyd, All rights reserved. Boyd House: Thomas Macy & Sarah Hopcot. Accessed 19 November 2016 by amb
- History of Nantucket ... by Alexander Starbuck F72.N257 1969 Macy Family History V.1 by Ralph E. Pearson CS71.M177 1982
- Findagrave memorial Sarah Hopcott Macy
This person was created through the import of fitzmaster032511.ged on 27 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Sarah's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michelle Brooks, Michael Dunn, Glenn York, Terri Rene DaVar, and Katie Boosted. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 Aug 2016 at 18:00 GMT Kay (Johnson) Wilson wrote:
Sarah is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.