Donna Marie House was born in Syracuse, NY. As a baby my father worked on the House Farm in Mallory, NY. This farm was founded by Peter George House who moved from Herkimer County, New York between 1845-1850. First moving to Cicero, Onondaga County where his son Charles was born. The family then moved to Mallory, New York near he hamlet of Little France. This is where Wellington and Emily were born. Wellington evently purchased the property from his father. Peter's brother Charles lived on the farm next door, but before 1860 moved his family west.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at MyHeritage DNA.
On 15 Sep 2015 at 03:07 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
Options for getting started:
1. Sourcing makes the difference between genealogy and mythology.
2. In order to build one collaborative tree, each person must have only ONE profile.
Let me or another Mentor Team member know if you have questions.
On 15 Sep 2015 at 03:06 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
If you are interested, WikiTree has a special DNA Project. Information on WikiTree's projects may be accessed from the FIND link, at the top right of most WikiTree pages; select PROJECTS from the drop down box.
Carole Partridge, WikiTree Mentor
On 15 Sep 2015 at 03:06 GMT Donna House wrote:
On 15 Sep 2015 at 02:57 GMT Bill Sekel Jr wrote:
The Help Pages give lots of information about the process starting with: 'Before you import a GEDCOM'
Find instructions here for reviewing your GEDCompare Report if you want to import it into WikiTree.
On 14 Sep 2015 at 19:16 GMT Laura (Marland) Harlow wrote:
Welcome as a guest to WikiTree! We're growing a FREE worldwide family tree, striving for ONE collaborative profile per person.
1. Our Honor Code is a very important part of why our community is such a friendly place to grow your family tree so please take some time to read it.
2. Feel free to ask a question at our G2G forum. Our help pages, menu top right -very useful information.
3. Check out the Family Tree & Tools tab at the top of your profile!
Want to Join us? Check the volunteer box and leave a comment here on your profile about your genealogical journey.
Laura, WikiTree Greeter