- John Hull's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Sarah Hull, born 3 Jan 1782
- Joseph Hull, born 17 Apr 1784; died 1 Oct 1798 at age 14
- Penelope Hull, born 16 Jan 1786
- Robert Hull, born 11 Mar 1788; died 2 Nov 1789 at age 1
- Robert Hull, born 27 Mar 1790; died 19 Dec 1800
- Mary Hull, born 22 Mar 1792
- Abigail Hull, born 7 Apr 1794
- Oliver Hull, born 7 Jul 1796; died 14 Oct 1867
- John Hull, born 9 Aug 1798; died 29 Nov 1798 as an infant
- Catherine Hull, born 8 Jan 1800
- Avery Hull, born 26 Jun 1802; died 4 Sep 1804 at age 2
- Hannah Hull, born 3 Sept 1804
- William Hull, born 9 Dec 1805
- Edward Hull, born 5 Feb 1807; died 8 Jan 1859
- Ann Hull, born 13 May 1808
- Robert Hull, born 20 Sep 1810
- Rebecca Hull, born 5 May 1818
- Henrietta Hull, born 17 Jun 1820
John’s earliest occupation was that of a silver smith and repairer of clocks and watches. Later he entered into a partnership with his father as a druggist.
John died on 11 August 1840 (his 78th birthday) at his house in New York City, New York. He was initially buried in the Friends' burying ground in New York City. Later, his remains were relocated to the Friends' grounds in Flatbush, Long Island.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Hull: Pages 32 - 34
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Weygant: Pages 284, 300
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Colonial Dames of America: Vol. 1, Pages 303 - 304
- Hull, Oliver Book of the Hulls (Peter Eckler, New York, New York, 1863)
- Weygant, Charles H. The Hull Family in America (Sun Printing Co., Pittsfield, Massachusetts, 1913)
- Colonial Dames of America. Ancestral Records and Portraits (New York, The Grafton Press, 1910)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Eric Hull : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-BY2841, Ysearch J5JDN, FTDNA kit #395743
- Doris (Muller) Wheeler : 23andMe, GEDMatch A206179 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A206179, Ancestry member dorisw + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A206179, FTDNA kit #N19709
- Private Muller : 23andMe, GEDMatch M712835
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 20 Sep 2016 at 03:47 GMT Eric Hull wrote:
John is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 26 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 18 degrees from Abby Glann, 15 degrees from Charles Schulz and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.