NJ Hunt aka Gaulden, Harrison
[private daughter (1950s - unknown)],
[private son (1960s - unknown)] and
Profile last modified 28 Dec 2019
| Created 3 Dec 2013
This page has been accessed 794 times.
Jean Hunt was born in 1932. She was the only daughter of Thomas Cleland Hunt and Eunice Dean Lord,  She grew-up in Georgia, South Carolina and California. During her childhood she studied violin and piano and continued to enjoy piano during her life.
A graduate of Winthrop University (BA) and Furman University (MA) in psychology, she worked at Craig, Gaulden, Davis, Greenville, SC, Greenville High School, SC, Shriners Hospital, Greenville, SC, W. R. Grace, Duncan, SC, The University of NC, Chapel Hill, NC, Whitten Village, Clinton, SC, Angola Prison, and The Louisiana State Hospital in Bossier City, LA.
Anthropology and Archeology were passions for her and she founded the Louisiana Mounds Society in the 1980's. Combining her work and her hobbies she conducted research into the use of Ohgam (ancient writing) and communication with persons who were unable to communicate. She wrote veraciously as evidenced by her 1991 book, Tracking the Flood Survivors.
In 1994 she passed away from a post operative infection, in Shreveport LA. Per her wishes, her children spread her ashes in to the flood swollen waters of the Red River.
Can you add any information on Jean Hunt? Please help grow her WikiTree profile. Everything you see here is a collaborative work-in-progress.
Descendant of the Hunt 14 through Esli Hunt, Sr.
- mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup H1b1-T16362C
- ↑ Maternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group consisting of M. Gaulden GEDmatch F340555, Sandy Sharp GEDmatch a759497 and Larry Milton Peterson GEDmatch F34276 sharing a 26.7 cM segment on chromosome 9 from 103,348,186 to 123,946,544.
- ↑ * Paternal and Maternal relationship is confirmed by a Family Tree DNA Family Finder test match between Mags Gaulden and her maternal 2nd cousin Susan Hunt Silvas. Their most-recent common ancestors are Bert Eugene Hunt, Sr. and Ethel Essie Hammond, great grandparents of Mags Gaulden and Great Grandparents of Susan Hunt Silvas. Predicted relationship from FTDNA: 1st-2nd Cousin based on sharing 405 cM across 6 Chromosomes.
- Department of Commerce, Department of the Census, Notification of Birth registration #58376 The Georigia State Office For The Registration of Vital Statistics at Atlanta Georgia.
- Personal papers and notes of Eunice L. Hunt, Family Biographical Information, unpublished. Personal copy in the files of M. Gaulden
- Conversations with Eunice L. Hunt and Thomas C. Hunt Gaulden-7
- Descendants of James Dillard and Sarah Barnard Dillard of Rabun County, Georgia, John M. Dillard November 15, 2009 Revised through August 20, 2012.
- Four Brothers in Oconee County by John M. Dillard, Dillard Annual, Vol. , Dillard Family Association. Personal copy in the files of M. Gaulden
- Photo of Jean (in her handmade wedding dress - from the silk of a Japanese parachute) in the Grenville News, July 27, 1952, P.23.
Thank you to M Gaulden for creating Hunt-5490 on 3 Dec 13. Click the Changes tab for the details on contributions by M and others.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- NJ's formal name
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- exact deathdate
- death location
- images (3)
- private children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to NJ Hunt's full information you must be on the Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools