- Peter Jay's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
According to the Jay Heritage Center, Peter Jay was the only son of French Huguenot emigrant, Augustus Jay and Anna Maricka Bayard - a family of successful NYC merchants. Jay married Mary Van Cortlandt, who would give him two sons Peter (blinded by smallpox) and John. Together they bought the Jay Property from John Budd in 1745, which consisted of more than 250 acres. The property was later named “The Locusts.”
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Peter's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Peter is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 20 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 19 degrees from David Selman and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.