Categories: Siblings of US Presidents.
Children of Lucy (Jefferson) and Charles Lilburne Lewis:
i. Lilburne Lewis (d. 10 April 1812) m. Elizabeth Jane "Betsy" Woodson Lewis (d. 25 April 1809), on 6 Sep 1797, Goochland County, Virginia; m. Letitia Griffin Rutter, in Kentucky.
ii. Randolph Lewis (d. 1811) m. Mary Howell Lewis (sister to Elizabeth Jane Woodson Lewis), on 17 January 1791, Goochland County, Virginia.
iii. Charles Lewis (d. 1806 in Louisiana), unmarried.
iv. Isham Lewis (d. 8 Jan 1815, Battle of New Orleans) [ ?], unmarried.
v. Mary Randolph "Patsy" Lewis (d. 3 June 1855) m. Thomas Jefferson Jr., son of Randolph Jefferson and Anne Lewis, on 3 October 1808, Albemarle County, Virginia.
vii. Martha Amanda Cary Lewis (d. 1850 in Orleans Parish, LA); m. Daniel Monroe, on 21 April 1815, in Livingston County, Kentucky.
viii. Lucy B. Lewis (24 September 1789-15 July 1864) m. Washington A. Griffin, on 21 December 1812 in Livingston Co., Kentucky.
ix. Anna Marks "Nancy" Lewis (d. after 1819).
x. Elizabeth "Besty" Lewis (d. 1806).
- Lucy Jeferson Memorial Note: Jefferson is misspelled in link.
- Unmarried sisters, Martha C., Lucy B., and Nancy M. Lewis, are named in the will of their brother Lilburne Lewis, 10 April 1812, Livingston County, Kentucky, Will Book A, p. 34.
- "Descendants of Maj. John Lewis" 
- Joanne L. Yeck, THE JEFFERSON BROTHERS (Kettering, OH: Slate River Press, 2012).
Source: Burke's Presidential Families. Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh. Burke's Presidential Families of the United States of America. London: Burke's Peerage, 1981. Print.
- ↑ Thomas Jefferson to Col. Charles Lewis, 7 October 1806.
- ↑ Albemarle County Will Book 12, pp. 381, 437; Albemarle County Will Book 13, p. 178.
- ↑ Albemarle County marriage records.
- ↑ Martha A. C. Lewis Monroe to Thomas Jefferson, 6 August 1815, Founders Online.
- ↑ Kentucky Marriage Records, 1802-1850.
- ↑ In 1819, Lucy Lewis was married to Washington A. Griffin. Nancy Lewis remained unmarried. See Chancery Case, Thomas Jefferson, Jr. vs Craven Peyton, 1819, Augusta County, Virginia.
- ↑ Craven Peyton to Thomas Jefferson, 9 October 1806.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Lucy by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Lucy:
- Bob Williamson : 23andMe
- David Smith : 23andMe, GEDMatch M420724
- Grady Smith : Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch T384516
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Lucy is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 17 degrees from Abby Glann, 17 degrees from Charles Schulz and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.