Obviously this Susanna Sweet married at the very young age of 16. She went on to have ten children, all of whom seemed to have married and had families of their own.
Change Date: 19 AUG 2002
Father: Benjamin SWEET
Mother: Margaret HAMMETT
Marriage 1 Silas JONES b: 11 MAY 1721 in pr. E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
Married: 21 NOV 1741 in E. Greenwish, RI 2 3
1. Abel JONES b: 16 MAY 1743 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
2. Roscum Rescomb JONES b: 18 MAR 1746 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
3. Noel JONES b: 14 APR 1748 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
4. Martha "Patty" JONES b: 19 OCT 1749 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
5. Salmon Zalmon JONES b: 3 DEC 1751 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
6. Norman JONES b: 1 JUN 1754 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
7. Laban JONES b: 15 AUG 1756 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
8. Abigail JONES b: 26 JUN 1758 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
9. Silas, Jr. JONES b: 26 APR 1760 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
10. Samuel JONES b: 9 NOV 1762 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
11. Benjamin JONES b: 23 OCT 1765 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
1. Text: A. Children of Benjamin and Margaret (Hammett) Sweet, births and birthplaces from Vital Records of R.I., 1636-1850, Vol. I, Kent Co., by James N. Arnold (Prov., RI: Narragansett Hist. Pub. Co., 1891). Many other Jones records are also found in this volume of Rhode Island Vital Records.
B. Children of Silas Jones and Susanna, his wife, from the above source and from the original copy of vital records sent from E. Greenwich Town Clerk, RI.
2. Text: Marriage of Silas Jones and Susanna Sweet, dau. of Benjamin 21 Nov 1741, E. Greenwich, RI; m. by Dotor Mowry, J.P., Record from Division of Vital Statistics, R.I. State Dept. of Health, E. Greenwich Town Clerk's Office, E. Greenwich, R.I.
3. Text: A. VITAL RECORD OF RHODE ISLAND, 1636-1850, Vol. I, Kent County, by James N. Arnold (Providence, RI: Narragansett Hist. Pub. Co., 1891), p. 75 - Entry 3-162, states m. by William Hall, Justice, May 11, 1721.
B. Same record, same page, for marriage of Susannah Sweet and Silas Jones, Nov. 21, 1741. Entry 3-147.
C. Same record, p. 158, for births of children of Benjamin (of Richard) and Margaret - names: Benjamin, Susanna, Susanna, 2d, Thomas, Margaret, and Jeremiah.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Silas by comparing test results with other
carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
And yet there are a couple different profiles for Silas out there. WikiTree is supposed to be a single tree system where people collaborate on profiles that different people are related to (or have an interest with -- as in my case).
I've been looking at Susanna Sweet as well and noticed the different profiles. I now realize there were a couple different real Susanna Sweets. So those distinctions are proper.
But I'm wondering for these other profiles -- whether we can clean them up? So others here can append their own information and collaborate in just one place?
Zak Jones (volunteer admin - FTDNA Jones) - email@example.com