Categories: United States, Kemp Name Study.
Moses was born in 1749. Moses Kemp ... He passed away in June or July of 1808 in Greenville Co., SC.
- 2 MAR 1749
- Wake,North Carolina,USA
- ABT 1802
- Greenville,Pickens,South Carolina,USA
- !DEATH: Died before 19 Jul 1808 when his appraisal of his property was ordered
- for his intestate estate - photocopy on file (SC29)
- 26 AUG 2011
- 26 AUG 2011
Sources obtained by Mary Atkins:
- Probate Book 32 for [Kemp-2944|Moses Kemp]], 1808, Greenville, SC - list of living heirs (children), courtesy of Jim Barnes. 
|Probate Book 32 for Moses Kemp, 1808, Greenville, SC - list of living heirs (children), courtesy of Jim Barnes|
- Family of Moses Kemp by Jim Barnes
- 1790 US Census
- 1800 US Census
Thank you to Kelly Sinclair for creating WikiTree profile Kemp-620 on 21 March 2012. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Kelly and others.
Thank you to B (Corley) Anonymous for creating WikiTree profile Kemp-1333 on 14 May 2013 through the import of export-BloodTree.ged. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Gary and others.
Thank you to Suzanne Shaw for creating WikiTree profile Kemp-2620 on 31 March 2015 Kemp- through the import of export-Shaw Family Tree (1).ged. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Suzanne and others.
Thank you to Gary Pace for creating WikiTree profile Kemp-2909 on 30 June 2015. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Gary and others.
Thank you to Mary Atkins for creating WikiTree profile Kemp-2944 on 5 August 2015. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Mary and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Moses by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Moses:
- Kelly Sinclair : 23andMe + AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M153948, FTDNA kit #B17272
- Mike Griffis : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch auDNA, Ancestry member GriffisDawn
- Candace (Gordon) Biamonti : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member candyinrome
- Suzanne Shaw : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member suzshaw10
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Mary Atkins, Kelly Sinclair, Suzanne Shaw, and Gary Pace. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 14 Jan 2016 at 00:10 GMT Sharon Casteel wrote:
On 26 Mar 2014 at 21:50 GMT Gary Pace wrote:
Moses' & Susannah's known children are:
Sarah Elizabeth (Elizabeth) Kemp (~1770 - ~1837)
Gilla Kemp (~1772 – Aug. 1846)
Richard Kemp (~1775 - ~Jan. 1812)
Aaron Kemp (2 Mar. 1779 –24 Sep. 1865/1 Jan. 1858)
Moses is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from Bob Dylan, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.