- Isaac (Kindness) Kanistanaux's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Isaac was born about 1837 in New York State. He is a member of the Brothertown Tribe. He may have traveled with his brother, Laton, in a circus. He practiced Indian medicine in New York and Pennsylvania.
Data & Discussion
For a detailed review of records, images, and other items of interest concerning this individual please visit the Isaac J. Kiness / Kanistanaux post on my research blog. I update this post whenever I discover new items.
- Isaac is found in Addison Village, Steuben Co., NY in the 1880 Federal Census. He is a single man unrelated to the head of the household. He is listed as "Indian" and his occupation is "Doctor".
- Nancy L, preliminary research.
- Visit my blog GWILODWÔGAN for the details of my research on this family.
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1880, Addison, Steuben Co., NY, Dwelling #146, Family #168
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isaac's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.