This person was created on 19 March 2011 through the import of Davidson.GED.
"Susan Kinney was born in Greenfield, [New Brunswick], March 17, 1851 to John Shepherd Kinney and Sarah Crabtree. Died July 9, 1933. Married Kenneth Campbell. Their mothers were sisters. He died of consumption. In later years she married Abraham Walker, July 4, 1897." (2)
As "Susana" she appears in the 1861 Census of Canada, living with her parents and siblings in Wicklow, Carleton, New Brunswick. Note: The family name in the census is transcribed as "Kenney" and her father's middle initial as "O"--looking at the original document, it looks like "Kinney" and middle initial "S" to me. (5)
John O Kenney 59
Sarah Kenney 41
Shepard Kenney 23
Aron Kenney 17
Ann Kenney 15
Susana Kenney 11
Adeline Kenney 9
Richard Kenney 5
Charles Kenney 3
Susan, a widow, died 9 Jul 1922 in Gaastra, Iron, Michigan, at the age of 84. (4)
"OBITUARY Iron River Reporter July 11 1933 "Susan Walker Passes Sunday: 83-Year Old Woman Died At Home of Son, Kenneth Campbell"
Mrs. Susan Walker, 83, died Sunday morning [July 9] at the home of her son, Kenneth D. Campbell of Gaastra. Death is attributed to old age.
Mrs. Walker was born in 1850 in Carleton county, Canada. In 1871 she was married to Kenneth Campbell, Sr. of Carleton county.
Shortly after marrying, Mrs. Walker and her husband moved to Menominee, Michigan. They lived there for one year before coming to Iron county where they resided about fifteen years.
Mr. Campbell died at his home in Spring Valley, which is now known as Gaastra. Mrs. Walker moved to Iron Mountain, where she met and married Mr. Walker.
Her second husband has been dead for the past fifteen years.
Residing for a few years in Iron Mountain, Mrs. Walker returned to this district to make her home with her son here. The deceased has lived here for the past nine years.
Mrs. Walker was a sister of the late John Kinney, Gaastra pioneer, who died a number of years ago. The deceased is survived by five sons, Kenneth of Gaastra, John of Alberta, Canada, Richard of Maine, The Rev. H. Campbell of Vermont, and Wesley of Long Beach, California, and one daughter, Mrs. Gaunse Gallup of Sunburst, Mont.
Funeral services will be conducted from the home at 2 o'clock Wednesday afternoon and 2:30 o'clock from the Gaastra Presbyterian church. The Rev. Charles Murray will officiate.
Mrs. Walker will be buried by the side of her first husband in the old Iron River cemetery." (1, 3)
1. Ancestry.com: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/48200418/person/12862858154/storyx/da063379-ed14-422c-afe2-b8cc9f3d554b?src=search. Accessed 12 Jan 2014.
2. Kinney, Fern Gallup: Kith and Kin of the Kinneys. [nd]. PDF file available for download: http://home.comcast.net/~kinneyed/KithAndKin_image.pdf.
3. Find a Grave for Susan Kinney Campbell Walker: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=105035059. Accessed 12 Jan 2014.
4. Michigan, Deaths and Burials Index, 1867-1995. Ancestry.com. Michigan, Deaths and Burials Index, 1867-1995 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011. Original data: "Michigan Deaths and Burials, 1800–1995." Index. FamilySearch, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2009, 2010. Index entries derived from digital copies of original and compiled records.
5. 1861 Census of Canada. Library and Archives Canada; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; Census Returns For 1861; Roll: C-999-1000. Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 1861 Census of Canada [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009.
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
There are no public comments yet.
Susan is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Cindy Lesure, 20 degrees from Bonnie Thornton and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.