[private father (1930s - unknown)]
and [private mother (1940s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 8 Mar 2020
| Created 4 Oct 2019
This page has been accessed 294 times.
Known Ohio Lines
These are the 42(!) ancestral lines I know that enter Ohio and the earliest known ancestor.
- ALMENDINGER, Jacob b. Horrheim, Germany to Marion Co., OH by 1850. wife Elisabeth Margaretha ABEL.
- ASHLEY, Jonas b. VT to Tiro, OH area by 1840 via Ashtabula Co. 1830. wife Elizabeth EATON.
- BAKER/BIECKER, Francis b. Hesse to Morrow Co., OH 1875 via York Co., PA. wife Mary Anna HERSHEY.
- BLUM/BLOOM, Margaret b. Waldmohr, Germany to Stark Co., OH abt 1835. husband David SCHWAB/SWOPE.
- BODLEY, Levi b. Ulster Co., NY to Plymouth, OH area by 1820. wife Mary DE WITT.
- BONER, John b. PA to Iberia, OH area by 1845. wife Phila Ann ASHLEY.
- BROOKS, William H. b. VA to Pickaway Co., OH by 1830. wife Abigail VARNER.
- BRYANT, Charles b. CT? to Seneca Co., OH by 1843 via Lorain Co. 1840. wife Eunice BLACKMORE.
- CASE, Isaac b. Simsbury, CT to Worthington, OH by 1804. wife Jane ADAMS. Scioto Company. Also CASE, Israel b. Simsbury, CT to Worthington, OH by 1804. wife Joanna CASE. Scioto Company.
- CHALFIN/CHAFFIN/CHALFANT, Solomon b. VA to Ross Co., OH by 1820. wife Isabella/Phebe MCCOY or MCILROY.
- CLARK, Elizabeth in Belmont Co., OH by 1811. husband George WILSON
- CLARK, Uriah b. CT to Franklin Co., OH by 1816. wife Nancy PIPER[?]
- COFFMAN, Martin b. VA to Fairfield Co., OH by 1810. wife Anna MILLER.
- CRIPPEN, Sally b. DE to Franklin Co., OH by 1815. husband Orlando CASE.
- DAVIS, Philemon to Ross Co., OH by 1840. possibly b. Adams Co., OH 1799. wife Deborah MCILROY[?].
- DILLINS[?], Loretta b. VA to Vinton Co., OH by 1870. husband Thomas MCCUMBER.
- EISE, Johann Friedrich "Fred" b. Lich, Germany to Galion, OH 1856. wife Catharine PEUSTER/POISTER.
- FISH[?], Patsy Ann in Licking Co., OH by 1838. husband James McMasters WILSON.
- FÖHL/FAIL, Wilhelm Friedrich "William" b. Oberschlectbach, Germany to Crawford Co., OH abt 1832. wife Anna Maria BÄSSLER. 2nd wife Caroline Sophia Rabe.
- FRANCIS, William b. PA to Pickaway Co., OH by 1829. wife Susannah JUSTUS/JUSTICE. 2nd wife Mahala Rowe.
- GILES, William Michael b. England to Vinton Co., OH by 1860. wife Ann SHIELD.
- GRACE, Caroline b. Franklin Co., OH 1833. husband Daniel CLARK.
- HUGHES, Isabelle b. PA to Stark Co., OH by 1813. husband George KEMP.
- JUSTUS/JUSTICE, Griffith b. MD, d. Pickaway Co., OH 1812. wife Amelia. And his son JUSTUS/JUSTICE, Griffith b. MD to Pickaway Co., OH by 1820. wife Mary STEELE.
- KEMP, George b. MD to Hancock Co., OH by 1840 via Stark Co. by 1813. wife Isabelle HUGHES.
- KIESS, Philippine "Phebe" b. Nöttingen, Germany to Marion Co., OH by 1862 as wife of Christoph WILHELM. possibly married NY.
- KIRTLAND, Hezekiah b. Saybrook, CT to Plymouth, OH area 1840s. wife Sarah PITMAN.
- MCCUMBER, Sarah b. VA to Vinton Co., OH by 1870. father Thomas MCCUMBER. 2nd husband Henry S. GILES. 1st husband Samuel Johnson.
- MILLER, George b. VA to Ross Co., OH by 1807. wife Sarah CUSTER/CUSTARD.
- MITCHELL, Dan b. Washington Co., PA to Williamsport (Morrow Co.), OH area by 1830. wife Margaret HOWDEN.
- MORRISON, Alexander b. MA to Worthington, OH 1804. 2nd wife Mehitable HALL. 1st wife Ann Thompson. Scioto Company.
- MURPHY, Rebecca b. VA to Ross Co., OH by 1820. father Charles MURPHY/MURFOOT. mother Elizabeth HAYDEN. husband Stephen MILLER.
- PEUSTER/POISTER, Christian b. Hohensolms, Germany to Galion, OH 1855. wife Margaretha RENSCH.
- PETERS, Isaac b. PA to Marseilles, OH area by 1840 via Fairfield Co., OH by 1810. wife Mary COFFMAN.
- PFAU, Fredrick b. Breitenau, Germany to Crawford Co., OH by 1850 via Columbiana Co., OH 1840. wife Christina MAIER.
- PIPER[?], Nancy b. KY to Franklin Co., OH by 1816. husband Uriah CLARK.
- ROMOSER, George Friedrich b. Kullenmühle, Germany to Marion Co., OH by 1840. wife Elisabeta ROMOSER b. Rotensol, Germany.
- SCHWAB/SWOPE, David b. Switzerland? to Tiro, OH area by 1830. 2nd wife Margaret BLUM/BLOOM. 1st wife Mariah Prentz[?]
- SHIELD, Ann b. England to Vinton Co., OH by 1860. husband William Michael GILES.
- TERRY, Champness b. Pittsylvania Co., VA to Marseilles, OH area by 1830. 2nd wife Rebecca PETERS. 1st wife Rhoda Thompson.
- WILHELM, Christoph b. Hesse-Darmstadt to Marion Co., OH by 1862. wife Philippine "Phebe" KIESS. possibly married NY.
- WILSON, George b. MD to Belmont Co., OH by 1811. wife Elizabeth CLARK. d. Knox Co., OH
Maps of European Ancestral Locations
- First-hand information. Entered by Mary Kirtland at registration.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Mary's formal name
- full middle name (I.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
For access to Mary Kirtland's full information you must be on Mary's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Mary is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Descendant of Allmendingers/Almendingers of Horrheim, Germany who emigrated to Marion County, Ohio abt 1847.
- One of my brick walls is Uriah Clark who came to Franklin County, Ohio about 1815. Where did he come from & who are his parents?
- tracing several lines back from Ohio to Germany
- Interested in hearing from Kirtlands with a Y-DNA result. Documentary evidence takes us back to the Saybrook, CT Kirtlands.
- Descendant of Romosers of Herrenalb, Germany area who emigrated to Marion County, Ohio in 1829.
- Descendant of Margaretha Dorothea Sieb b. 1756 Bernbach, Germany.
Mary Kirtland's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Mary or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Mary Kirtland:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup K1-T16362C, FTDNA kit #N118589
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Mary:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.