Born while father was based at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire, England. At the age of 11 months travelled to Ceylon (Known as Sri Lanka now) family lived just outside of RAF Katunayake, Negombo, Ceylon for 2 years. My younger sister Hazel was born in Ceylon. My elder sister Linda and I spoke little english as mum was so ill we spend most of our time with the nanny and gardener and spoke Singhalese, unfortunately neither of us speaks it now.
We moved back to the United Kingdom in 1959 and youngest sister Susan was born in 1960 while dad was stationed at RAF Lynham in Wiltshire.
1963 family lived in the gardeners cottage at Shalston in Buckinghamshire dad was stationed at RAF Abingdon.
1965 the family moved to Kenya, dad was stationed at RAF Eastleigh. We all went to the camp school initially. Then when that closed Linda went to Delamere High School and my two younger sisters and I went to Lavington Green School in the outskirts of Nairobi. We spoke a bit of Swahili, but after our return to the UK We never used it so none of us speak it now, which is a shame. We returned to the United Kingdom February 1968.
After a couple of other moves the family settled in Aldershot, dad was on detachment to the army's Parachute Regiment. I went to Manor Park Secondary School for Girls. Then after a year at Farnborough Technical College on a pre nursing course I started my nurses training at Basingstoke District General Hospital. Qualified in 1978, worked in surgery and high dependency units. Currently run a health training company providing educational sessions to Academies, Schools, Colleges Universities and Local Authorities
Married Phil, we have four children, still married to Phil. We now have 3 grandchildren.
Live mainly in England and Florida when schedule is clear
- First-hand information. Entered by Janet Langridge at registration.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of marriage certificates
Digital Afterlife Advance Directive - It may seem morbid, but to aid WikiTree in the administration of my account should I be incapacitated, or in the event of my death, I hereby give permission for all private profiles I'm managing to be transferred to the following WikiTreers, whether or not they are currently on the Trusted Lists: Natalie Wild Elizabeth Wild Judith Good Janet P Wild
- Janet's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
- autosomal DNA test connections
Janet is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Looking forward to taking part in this interesting challenge.
- Hoping to encourage others volunteers by thanking them and sending messages of appreciation for their hard work towards building, improving and expanding the world wide Wikitree
- Enjoying work with this enthusiastic bunch. Learning a lot and getting great support Thanks everyone
- For Christmas I got a DNA test so did the mother and Mother-in Law. Awaiting test results will up load when back
- Mothers maiden name, would like to move further back in time with this side of the family tree.
- Grandmother's maiden name have some information I would like to double check.
- Looking for information on Grandfather's was service. He was an "Old Contemptible" but spoke little about his experiences.
- Both my husband's family and mine have Irish ancestors, trying to do find more information on our roots.
- Have a number of relatives from the Isle of Wight (IOW) remember lots of holidays on the island with my grandparents and other relatives
- Hoping to move back another generation or two and link up with other branches of the family
- Enjoying working with this group. Learning a lot, brillent support from the group. Thanks everyone
- Starting with the Elliott / Eliot / Elliot / Eliott side of the family.
Thinking about creating a Study for the surname Langridge / Langrish / Longridge Then there is the Wild / Wilde / Wylde side
- Would love to join this project really liked seeing the photographs on profiles as I helped with the Clean a Thon a couple weeks ago
- Much of what I do as a Data Doctor relates to improving profiles. I would love to join this group of people working on building and improving profiles here on WikiTree, including the profiles in my tree as new information is found.
- Still looking for relatives from the the 16th and 17th century. Trying to link up the borders area.
- Looking forward to helping new volunteers to link up with other with similar interests
- Hoping to move back another generation or two and link up with other branches of this branch of the family
- My Grandmothers side of the family. A lot of the family here on the tree thanks to my fathers cousin. Looking to add more branches to the family tree. There are Irish roots linked to the surname Cassidy I am following up
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer May 1, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Apr 24, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Apr 10, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Mar 27, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Mar 20, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Mar 19, 2018.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Janet. (Best for comments to Janet that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Janet that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 22 May 2018 at 14:09 GMT Ray Johnson wrote:
On 22 May 2018 at 09:14 GMT Elisabeth Carman wrote:
On 20 May 2018 at 21:52 GMT Nancy (Keen) Turberville wrote:
On 16 May 2018 at 22:02 GMT Kaylinn Stormo wrote:
Thank you ,
On 15 May 2018 at 22:23 GMT Kaylinn Stormo wrote:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On 15 May 2018 at 09:12 GMT Vernon Harding wrote:
On 14 May 2018 at 23:37 GMT Lopi LaRoe wrote:
thanks for checking in. It's been fascinating so far! I have to admit I didn't read alot of the how to portions. I am the kind of person that doesn't really follow recipes either. But I am figuring things out as I go, with the help of others and by exploring a bit. I have been comparing the data on ancestry, com with the information on wikitree and i am impressed with the accuracy and sourcing on this site. Alot of what I am finding on ancestry is incorrect and then people duplicate those mistakes. I really love the layout of this site, making just one big tree is such a beautiful thing. There are some connections that I am trying to find sources for which would link certain ancestors into the lineages I think they belong in. It's pretty challenging work
On 14 May 2018 at 01:25 GMT Keith Hooper wrote:
I am letting you know as well as Mindy that I have made attempts to correct the database errors of my family members regarding having a death date but being listed as "still living". This appears to be an internal error as I have made multiple attempts to change the status and nothing changes. The administrators are going to have to look into this as an internal error/issue.
On 10 May 2018 at 20:32 GMT Umbarger (Garrison) Umbarger wrote:
On 10 May 2018 at 03:56 GMT Doris (Holik) Kelly wrote: