|Search user languages|
Born while father was based at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire, England. At the age of 11 months travelled to Ceylon (Known as Sri Lanka now) family lived just outside of RAF Katunayake, Negombo, Ceylon for 2 years. My younger sister Hazel was born in Ceylon. My elder sister Linda and I spoke little english as mum was so ill we spend most of our time with the nanny and gardener and spoke Singhalese, unfortunately neither of us speaks it now.
We moved back to the United Kingdom in 1959 and youngest sister Susan was born in 1960 while dad was stationed at RAF Lynham in Wiltshire.
1963 family lived in the gardeners cottage at Shalston in Buckinghamshire dad was stationed at RAF Abingdon.
1965 the family moved to Kenya, dad was stationed at RAF Eastleigh. We all went to the camp school initially. Then when that closed Linda went to Delamere High School and my two younger sisters and I went to Lavington Green School in the outskirts of Nairobi. We spoke a bit of Swahili, but after our return to the UK We never used it so none of us speak it now, which is a shame. We returned to the United Kingdom February 1968.
After a couple of other moves the family settled in Aldershot, dad was on detachment to the army's Parachute Regiment. I went to Major Park Secondary School for Girls. Then after a year at Farnborough Technical College on a pre nursing course I started my nurses training at Basingstoke District General Hospital. Qualified in 1978, worked in surgery and high dependency units.
Married Phil and had four children, still married to Phil. We now have 3 grandchildren.
- First-hand information. Entered by Janet Langridge at registration.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of marriage certificates
Digital Afterlife Advance Directive - It may seem morbid, but to aid WikiTree in the administration of my account should I be incapacitated, or in the event of my death, I hereby give permission for all private profiles I'm managing to be transferred to the following WikiTreers, whether or not they are currently on the Trusted Lists: Natalie Wild Elizabeth Wild Judith Good Janet P Wild
- Janet's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
- autosomal DNA test connections
Janet is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Looking forward to taking part in this interesting challenge.
- Hoping to encourage others volunteers by thanking them and sending messages of appreciation for their hard work towards building, improving and expanding the world wide Wikitree
- Enjoying work with this enthusiastic bunch. Learning a lot and getting great support Thanks everyone
- Mothers maiden name, would like to move further back in time with this side of the family tree.
- Grandmother's maiden name have some information I would like to double check.
- Looking for information on Grandfather's was service. He was an "Old Contemptible" but spoke little about his experiences.
- Both my husband's family and mine have Irish ancestors, trying to do find more information on our roots.
- Have a number of relatives from the Isle of Wight (IOW) remember lots of holidays on the island with my grandparents and other relatives
- Hoping to move back another generation or two and link up with other branches of the family
- Enjoying working with this group. Learning a lot, brillent support from the group. Thanks everyone
- Starting with the Elliott / Eliot / Elliot / Eliott side of the family.
Thinking about creating a Study for the surname Langridge / Langrish / Longridge Then there is the Wild / Wilde / Wylde side
- Would love to join this project really liked seeing the photographs on profiles as I helped with the Clean a Thon a couple weeks ago
- Much of what I do as a Data Doctor relates to improving profiles. I would love to join this group of people working on building and improving profiles here on WikiTree, including the profiles in my tree as new information is found.
- Still looking for relatives from the the 16th and 17th century. Trying to link up the borders area.
- Looking forward to helping new volunteers to link up with other with similar interests
- Hoping to move back another generation or two and link up with other branches of this branch of the family
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Jan 17, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Jan 3, 2018.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Dec 18, 2017.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Dec 13, 2017.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Aug 31, 2017.
- Janet Wild is a Wonderful WikiTreer Aug 29, 2017.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Janet. (Best for comments to Janet that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Janet that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 17 Jan 2018 at 14:42 GMT Fergus Moran wrote:
On 16 Jan 2018 at 22:57 GMT Chris Ogle wrote:
On 16 Jan 2018 at 20:09 GMT Tony Elkin wrote:
On 13 Jan 2018 at 01:43 GMT Walter Haddock wrote:
On 9 Jan 2018 at 22:03 GMT Constance (Britt) Catania wrote:
On 9 Jan 2018 at 12:21 GMT Gopala Krishnaiah Pemmaraju wrote:
Thanks for your mail. I have updated as suggested. Since I am new to this site would look forward to your help in proceeding further.
P Gopala Krishnaiah
On 6 Jan 2018 at 22:25 GMT Brant Casford wrote:
On 6 Jan 2018 at 21:06 GMT Brant Casford wrote:
On 6 Jan 2018 at 18:56 GMT Anonymous (Thornton) Pocock wrote:
On 4 Jan 2018 at 10:00 GMT Paul Cremin MBE wrote:
Apologies, ignore my last comment, it would appear that Leslie is in fact not related to the family at all. I have removed them from the family, but i cannot work out how to delete the individual