Excerpt from LANIER, by Louise Ingersoll:
- Lemuel Lanier, from his father's will, was the sixth child,
- born about 1722 in Surry Co. Va., moved with his parents
- to Brunswick Co. before 1740. He married in Brunswick
- Co. about 1746 Miss Peebles, the daughter of Jehu and
- Mary Peebles, and thought to be named Molly, but no record
- has been found to prove it. She died before 1761,
- leaving three children. He married second 1761 Elizabeth,
- born about 1746, who survived him forty-five years,
- dying June 1829 at the age of eighty-four; she married
- second before November 1788 Lieut. John France, a Revolutionary
- Soldier; her will was dated Feb. 19, 1810, and
- probated July 13, 1829, Henry Co. Va. In April 1772 Lemuel
- Lanier bought land in the newly formed county of
- Pittsylvania, and in 1777, that section became Henry Co.
- His will was dated Jan. 29, 1785 in Henry Co. and probated
- Mar. 23, 1786. His children were David,Molly, and
- Sally; and by Elizabeth, —Washington, Nancy, and Benjamin.
Lanier-555 and Lanier-315 are two different persons, differing birth dates, parents, Siblings, children and death dates. DO NOT MERGE
- Lanier family history linked here: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~fairbanks/lanier/history.htm
- LANIER, by Louise Ingersoll, page 312, found online at https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE993789&from=fhd
- Source: PRIVATE TREES-1499248329 Repository: #R-1668899733 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Page: Ancestry Family Tree Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=54585233&pid=3405
- Repository: R-1668899733 Name: Ancestry.com
Thank you to Kristin Schmidt for creating WikiTree profile Lanier-262 through the import of Kristin Schmidt family tree.ged on May 24, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Kristin and others.
Thank you to Kari Lemons for creating WikiTree profile Lanier-315 through the import of maxeyfamily.ged on Jun 26, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Kari and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Lemuel by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Lemuel:
- Kari Lemons : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A619568, Ancestry member kari_lemons + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F256056, FTDNA kit #256056
- A. (Johnson) Tomkins : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A285660, Ancestry member AdrienneTomkins
- Thomas Casteel : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T219525
- J. Casteel : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T460382
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kari Lemons, Michael Lynskey, and Walter Lanier. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 9 Aug 2015 at 23:33 GMT Tom Bredehoft wrote:
On 7 Jun 2015 at 19:38 GMT A. (Johnson) Tomkins wrote:
Lemuel is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 9 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 17 degrees from Ayn Rand, 15 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.