John Larkin 
No documented parentage or ancestry has been found. An unsourced profile on Geni shows his father to be John Larkin, born Jan 1, 1585 in England and died in England in 1614 with wife Mehitabel (born 1590), and his grandfather to be William Larkin (1520-1580) and wife Mary. 
Birth: ABT 1620 in England 
Some genealogies show him with a birth year of 1614. 
Occupation: Inn keeper and large landowner on the Severn River in Maryland.
Some records show a first marriage to Kathleen Thomas in 1635.  A marriage in 1635 would be consistent with a birth year of 1614.
These records show Kathleen Thomas dying in 1649, which would be consistent with Larkin marrying a second time in 1650.
The unanswered question is where John Larkin and Kathleen Thomas lived during this period, prior to the settlement of the Puritan settlements in Providence, Anne Arundel County.
He married Katherine Roberts b: ABT 1625 in England 
Their first child was born about 1643. Larkin and his wife appear to be among those who immigrated first to Virginia before coming to Maryland.
Larkin was one of the early Friends in Anne Arundel County. He was fined for refusing to take an oath soon after 1658. 
Larkins Hills was surveyed on March 3, 1661, for John Larkin and granted to him by patent for 650 acres in 1663. Here he built the quaint gambrel-roofed brick house that has endured so many years. While its exact date is not known, it is believed that the house was in use during the meeting of the General Assembly in 1683.
Patents were issued in 1660 on the South River, Maryland for various properties including "Larkins Hills" for John Larkin. 
On 12 August 1670, John Larkin of Anne Arundel County, Inn Holder, receives a patent for "Greenfield", Baltimore Co, 750 acres, and "Larkins Choice", 331 Acres. 
1670. Johnson, Francis of A.A. Co., in Feb. 1669/70 conv. 200 a. Ludlows Lot to John Larkin. 
Larkins Hills, the house of John Larkin on the old Severn Ridge Road, now State Route 2, was the first Anne Arundel County capital of the Province of Maryland. The General Assembly met there on October 2, 1683, with Charles, Third Lord Baltimore, in attendance. At that time there were a number of frame outbuildings, one of which served as a courthouse. These have long since disappeared. Larkin kept an ordinary or inn. Governor Sir Lionel Copley and his Council met at "the house of John Larkin August 16, 1692, and it also was the meeting place of the Council of Maryland, with Colonel Nicholas Greenbury serving as President, on August 16, 1694. The first regular post route in Maryland from St. Mary's through Annapolis included a stop at John Larkin's.
"United Friendship," 700 acres, was surveyed 15 Oct. 1684 for John LARKINS. Half was also later owned by Wm. CHEW. "United Friendship" was conveyed 6 May 1681 by Thomas LIGHTFOOT, carpenter, AA, to Rowland VANCE. 
1692. John Lakins, Thomas Smith, and Wm. Farfar posted administrative bond at death 3 Aug 1692 of Humphrey Day, who was a taxable in Baltimore County that year on North Side of Patapsco Hundred. 
In 1697, just a few years before his death, records reveal him as custodian, with Samuel Galloway I, of generous gifts of tobacco from Quakers of the Eastern Shore to the West River Yearly Meeting "towards building ye house for ye use of Friends." 
John Larkin, Anne Arundel County, innholder, dec'd, on 28 Mar 1699, sold to John Baldwin, Anne Arundel County, planter, two lots in London Town except for the 25 foot house, where court was formerly held, and as much ground as needed to erect a 20 foot house for Mahitable Holland during her natural life, and after her decease for the use of John Larkin during his natural life, then to the use of Thomas Holland, one of the sons of Otho Holland and Mahitible. The indenture is for the two lots with the exception. 
From: John LARKIN, Innholder, Anne Arundel, Maryland by Marilyn ROTH. AA Gentry: On 25 Je. 1702, Edward DORSEY bought for ninety pounds from Col. John LARKIN & Thomas LARKIN, AA, part of "United Friendship," 350 acres on the north side of the Patapsco, Baltimore Co. 
Death: ABT 1702 in Anne Arundel County, MD
1703. Pierpoint, John, s. of Robert, was bapt. 8 May 1661 at Braughing, Herts.; came to Md. where he m. c. 1703 Mehitable, wid of Otho Holland and dau of John Larkin; had iss.: Larkin bapt. 4 Feb. 1703/4 at All Hallows; m. 1st 18 Nov 1725 Charity Duckett and 2nd in 1730 Sarah Simmons 
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 1 Apr 2016 at 23:59 GMT M (McQueen) M wrote:
On 27 Dec 2014 at 19:53 GMT Rick Pierpont wrote:
On 29 Oct 2014 at 21:35 GMT Rick Pierpont wrote:
On 28 Aug 2014 at 20:34 GMT Ronald Pierpoint wrote: