Anna Marie Linenberger was born 15 October 1864, Herzog, Susly, Russia, she died 5 May 1957, Denver, Colorado. She was buried at Elmwood Cemetery in Brighton, Adams, Colorado. In the St. Fidelis Cemetery, on the iron cross marking John F. Knoll's place of burial, her name is recorded.
Anna Marie Linenberger married John F. Knoll on 2 February 1889, Herzog, Susly, Russia. 
Arrival: March 10, 1892-From Bremen to New York, Ship: SS Elbe
June 9, 1900 Census: Victoria, Ellis, Kansas: Age 34, Birth Date: Oct 1865, Birthplace: Russia, Race: White, Gender: Female, Immigration Year: 1892, Relationship to Head of House: Wife, Father's Birthplace: Russia, Mother's Birthplace: Russia,----Mother: number of living children: 1---Mother: How many children: 5-----Spouse's name: John, Marriage Year: 1891, Marital Status: Married, Years Married: 9, Can Read: yes, Can write: no, Can speak English: No---Household Members: John Knoll-Age 33, Day Laborer, Anna Knoll-Age 34, Marie Knoll-Age 6. [Note: So Anna had five children, but only one lived 'Marie', Anna's daughter Philomena would have been born about a month after the Census.] 
1910 Census: Victoria, Ellis, Kansas, Household members: John Knoll-Age 44, Anna Knoll-Age 44, Mary Knoll-Age 17, Philamena Knoll-Age 9, Margaret Knoll-Age 7, Abiena Knoll-Age 5, Edgar Knoll-Age 1.
1925, Bryant, Graham, Kansas, Anna Knoll is 60 years old, and John F. Knoll is 59
1930, Victoria, Ellis, Kansas, Anna Knoll age 64, married at 26, did not attend school, did not know how to read or write, and her language was German.
Husband John F. Knoll died in 1939, Victoria, Ellis, Kansas, Anna Marie then moved to Colorado to live with her daughter Mary Knoll Sauer.
Anna Marie Linenberger Knoll died 5 May 1957, Denver, Colorado, and was buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Brighton, Adams, Colorado.
1. Her daughter Margaret said that her hair was so long, Anna could sit on it, when she died Anna only had a small ponytail of hair left.
2. The 1857 Herzog, Russia Census has her parents as Johannes Linenberger (1833) and Maria Brungardt (1835); on Anna Marie's death certificate it states that her mother is Anna Brungardt. The Linenberger Geneology had her mother as a Younger. It is good to see that the 1857 Census verifies what her family knew to be true. Also, the Russian Church marriage record shows that Johannes Linenberger married Maria Brungardt.
3. Anna wished to be buried in Kansas next to her husband, and there is a tombstone in the St. Fidelis cemetery, but her oldest daughter decided to bury her at Elmwood Cemetery in Brighton, Colorado, her grandson Daniel Kreutzer always wished that he could have fulfilled her wish.
4. Anna came to America in 1892, March 10, with her husband John and six month old daughter Catherine. The Passenger List Facts: Arrival Date: 10 March 1892, Port of Departure: Bremen, Port of Arrival: New York, New York, Ship Name: 'Elbe', there are nine Knoll's listed: John--23--Farmer, Anne--20--Wife, Andrew-22--farmer, Andrew-2 yrs-child, Martin 6 months?-child, JOHN-22-FARMER, ANNE-22-NONE, CATHERINE-6 MONTHS-CHILD, BATHASAR-20-FARMER. On John's naturalization papers has 1892 arrival, the only problem would be the ages, yet because of Bathasar, John's brother, following after their names I suspect these are the right names. Their daughter Catherine died October 1892, the St. Fidelis records have her birth being September 1892, but I believe it should have been September 1891, which would have made her six months old in March of 1892.
5. Anna was the only one of her sisters and brothers to come to America, although there were relatives who came to USA
6. Note: On the Knoll Forum, there is some misinformation concerning John and Anna Knoll. Because there was so many names similar, some records get mixed up. This family gets mixed up with another John who married several times. John and Anna Knoll were married only once, to each other, John died before Anna, and Anna never remarried.
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 Name Anne Knoll Arrival Date 10 Mar 1892 Birth Date abt 1870 Age 22 Gender Female Port of Departure Bremen Port of Arrival New York, New York Ship Name Elbe Search Ship Database Elbe Anne Knoll - Mar 1892 - New York, New York Bremen Bremen - Female - Elbe
Ancestry Family Trees
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Anna is 28 degrees from Edward Lodewijk van Halen, 36 degrees from Christine Amphlett, 33 degrees from John Bonham, 23 degrees from Jimi Hendrix, 32 degrees from Michael Hutchence, 21 degrees from Janis Joplin, 26 degrees from Dave McArtney, 29 degrees from Bon Scott, 23 degrees from Ronnie Van Zant and 27 degrees from Denise Jarrett on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.