[private sister (1960s - unknown)]
[private son (2000s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 5 Apr 2020
| Created 19 Oct 2014 | Last significant change: 26 Mar 2020
This page has been accessed 2,177 times.
I'm a professional business consultant who picked up the family archivist mantle in my youth - collecting stories, names, genealogies, and family historical documents - in an effort to understand better who we are and what impact we have had throughout history.
My focus has been on several family mysteries throughout the years - gaps in a family line, taboo subjects, and unexplained (perhaps inexcusable) behavior of ancestors. This includes the Little, Bennett, Parsons, Ledbetter, Pickett, Leake, Steele, Wall, Crawford, Covington, Dunn and Harris family lines. My maternal lines from Louisiana are still a challenge - Ardoin, Veillon, Lafleur, etc. - since their origins are not as clear cut as one might imagine.
I have completed many autosomal, mitochondrial, and Y-chromosome DNA tests. I look forward to sharing this knowledge and learning more from traditional practitioners of genealogy as I contribute to WikiTree.
- First-hand information. Entered by Walter Little at registration.
- "The Littles of Carlisle", transcribed and arranged by O. McRae Covington; and "Genealogy of the Little Family of Anson and Richmond Counties (North Carolina)", by Virginia Horne [Craighead-Dunlap Chapter D.A.R.]
- "Kinfolks: a genealogical and biographical record of Thomas and Elizabeth (Stuart) Harllee, Andrew and Agnes (Cade) Fulmore, Benjamin and Mary Curry, Samuel and Amelia (Russell) Kemp, John and Hannah (Walker) Bethea, Sterling Clack and Frances (King) Robertson, Samuel and Sophia Ann (Parker) Dickey, their antecedents, descendents, and collateral relatives", Volume 1 by William Curry Harllee (1934, 1973)
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Leake's formal name
- full middle name (L.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Leake Little's full information you must be on Leake's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Leake is a Wiki Genealogist
following these tags:
- Col. Risden Tyler Bennett (b 1840) was my gg-grandfather...
- Co-Admin of the Little Surname DNA Project @ FTDNA.com and WorldFamilies.net
- Join our new Leake Name Study! This includes Leak, Leek, and similar surnames...
- My paternal line confirmed by DNA back to 1676 in the Border Marches
- Leake & Little surnames in the US, especially the Southeast
- Another family name and legacy...
- Interested in the history of Clan Little along the SW Border Marches of Scotland...
Leake Little's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Leake or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Leake Little:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup H63a, FTDNA kit #279183
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Leake:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.