Mary Augusta Lloyd was born in April 1881 in Canada To Samuel Hughes Lloyd and Jane Ellen Higgins. At the time of her birth, her father was 32 years of age and her mother was 21. She was their oldest daughter and had three brothers and two sisters.
The 1900 U.S. census lists Mary living in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan with her parents and siblings. Mary was identified as being 18-years-old, having been born in April 1881 in Canada, and having arrived in the United States in 1883.
She married Peter William Hunter, on 5 September 1905. At the time of her marriage she was 24 and her husband was 30. His occupation was listed as laborer.
Children of the marriage were:
- Violet Dora Hunter (1907–?)
- James Lloyd Hunter (1910–?)
- Ellice Winnifred Hunter (1911–?)
- Catharine Mary Hunter (1913–?)
- John Peter Hunter (1920–?)
The 1911 Canada census lists Mary living in Thessalon, Alboma East, Ontario with her husband and three children: Jas. Loyd, born in 1909, age 2; Violet Dora, born in 1906, age 5; and Elsie, born in 1911, age 4 months.
Mary A. Hunter crossed from Canada to Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, on December 24, 1911, at the age of 30. Her birth country was stated to be Canada and her race or nationality to be Welsh. 
The 1921 Canada census lists Mary Augusta Hunter, age 40, living in Sault Sainte Marie, Algoma West, Ontario with her husband, Peter William Hunter, age 46; five children: Violet Dora Hunter (14), James Lloyd Hunter (11), Ellice Winnifed Hunter (10), Catharine Mary Hunter (8), and John Peter Hunter (1); parents-in-law: James Hunter (76) and Catharine Hunter (76); and father: Samuel Hughes Lloyd (72). Her "racial or tribal origin is given as Irish.
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
Reference Notes List
- ↑ 1900 U.S. Census, Chippewa County, Michigan, population schedule, Sault Sainte Marie, p. 15A, lines 35-42, Mary A. Lloyd in the household of Samuel H. Lloyd; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 19 March 2015); Citing NARA microfilm publication T623, roll 707.
- ↑ "Michigan, Marriages, 1868-1925," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N3JS-336 : accessed 20 March 2015), Peter W. Hunter and Mary Augusta Lloyd, 5 September 1905; citing Chippewa, Michigan, vol. 1, p. 362, rn. 134, Department of Vital Records, Lansing; FHL microfilm 2,342,672.
- ↑ Census of 1911, province Ontario, district Algoma East (county), sub-district Thessalon, p. 9, lines 41-45, Peter Wm. Hunter and family; digital image, Library and Archives Canada, Library and Archives Canada (http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/1911/jpg/e001977504.jpg : accessed 19 March 2015); citing Census of Canada, 1911.
- ↑ Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956. Line 14, Mary A. Hunter; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 19 March 2015); Citing NARA microfilm publication M1464.
- ↑ Census of 1921, province Ontario, district Algoma West (county), sub-district Sault Sainte Marie, Mary Augusta Hunter in the household of Peter William Hunter; digital image (screen shot) of transcript by Ancestry.ca. (See note at source.)
- 1900 U.S. Census, United States. Michigan. Chippewa County. Population schedule. Digital images. Ancestry.com. http://www.ancestry.com : 2009.
- Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956. Digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : 2010.
- Canada. Ontario. Algoma East, Thessalon. Census of Canada, 1911. Digital images. Library and Archives Canada, Government of Canada. Library and Archives Canada. http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca : 2013.
- Canada. Ontario. Algoma West, Sault Sainte Marie. Census of Canada, 1921. Digital image of transcript by Ancestry.ca. http://www.ancestry.ca. (This is a portion of a screenshot from Ancestry.ca which was emailed to me in 2014. I will need to update this by viewing the digital image the next time I visit the library. Lloyd-391 03:55, 20 March 2015 (EDT))
- Michigan. Chippewa County. "Michigan, Marriages, 1868-1925." FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N3JS-336 : accessed 20 March 2015).
Thank you to Pamela Lloyd for creating WikiTree profile Lloyd-1444 through the import of Lloyd Family Tree (Confirmed).ged on May 28, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Pamela and others.
Searching for someone else?
- Mary Lloyd
- Mary Lloyd
- Mary Lloyd
- Mary (Loy) Isley
- Mary Lloyd
- Mary Edna Lloyd
- Mary Jane Lloyd
- Mary Elizabeth (Bailey) Lloyd
- Mary (de Clifford) Lloyd
- Alicia Mary (de Visme) Lloyd
- Mary (Lawless) Lloyd
- Mary (Lloyd) Jones
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Mary Augusta by comparing test results with other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Mary Augusta:
- Pamela Lloyd : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T581659, FTDNA kit #425835
- Winston Lloyd : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T803653, FTDNA kit #540846
- PJ Andrews : AncestryDNA
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Mary Augusta is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 29 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 20 degrees from Abby Glann, 24 degrees from Charles Schulz and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.