||Johanna Lopers was a New Netherland settler.|
Join: New Netherland Settlers Project
Jannekin was one of only two children born to Jacobus/Jacob Loper and Cornelia Melyn; the other child was James Loper.
She was married twice according to Distinguished Families in America, p.7. 
Her first spouse was Joris Davidson and second spouse was Hendrick/Henry Beekman.
- Johanna Beekman formerly Lopers
- Jannekin Joanna [uncertain] (Joanna) Beekman formerly Loper aka de Loper, Loopers, Lopers
- Johanna Lopers
- Johanna Beekman formerly Loper
- Jannetje Johanna Loopers
- Name: Jannetje /Loopers/
- Name: Jannetje /Davidts/
- Born October 30, 1650 in Ulster New York
- Born about October 30, 1650 in New Amsterdam, New Netherlands
- 1650 - 
- Born October 30, 1650 in Marbletown, Ulster, New York, United States
- Born 1670 in Albany, NY
- Date: ABT 1650?
- Date: 30 Oct 1650
- Wife of Hendrick Beekman — married June 5, 1681 in NY
- First marriage - Spouse Joris Davidson. 
- Second marriage - Spouse Hendrick/Henry Beelman. 
- Wife of Joris (George) Christofflse Davis — married December 9, 1674 in Kings, New York, United States
- Wife of Hendricus Beekman — married in Kingston, Ulster, NY
- Wife of Joris Davids — married December 9, 1674 in New York,New York
- Died 1743 in Albany New York
- Died about 1743 in Albany, Albany, Province of New York [uncertain
- 1743 - 
- Died December 30, 1743 in Albany, Albany, New York, United States
- Died 1743 in Ulster, NY
- Note: LAST WILL & TESTAMENT
- Source: Book: Aitken, William B. (1912) Distinguished Families in America, descended from Wilhelmus Beekman and Jan Thomasse Van Dyke (p.7). New York, New York: The Knickerbocker Press.
- Source: Book: Rattray, Jeanette Edwards. (1953) East Hampton History Including Genealogies of Early Families (pdf). (p. 437) . East Hampton, New York.
- Source: #S-2103781860: Page: Ancestry Family Trees
- Source: #S-2103781860: Page: Ancestry Family Trees
- Source S-2103781860: Repository: #R-2104710170: Title: Ancestry Family Trees: Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.: Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. No REPO record found with id R-2104710170.
- Source Note: Joanna Loper: http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=image&guid=1d41e93e-c7c9-466f-81c8-4195a3525db8&tid=21920874&pid=824
- Source: S-2049665188 Repository: #R-2139194211 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Repository: R-2139194211 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=21920874&pid=824
- This person was created on 14 September 2010 through the import of 124-DeCoursey.ged.
- WikiTree profile Lopers-3 created through the import of davisfamilytree-1.ged on Sep 1, 2012 by Rich Davis. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Rich and others.
- Judith Painter-McGregor, Entered by Judith Painter-McGregor, Nov 29, 2012. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Judith and others. Johanna was born in 1670. Johanna Loper ... She passed away in 1743.
- Thank you to Edwin Priest for creating Loper-221 on 08 August 2014. Click the Changes tab for the details on contributions by Edwin and others.
- Regarding birth surname of Lopers/Loopers versus Loper. Not having done extensive research on the person, I base this profile's birth surname on 2 facts.
- 1). Father's surname is Loper as per the book reference East Hampton History
- 2). Brother's surname is also Loper on many source references on at http://longislandgenealogy.com.
- However, other sources, such as Distinguished Families in America list her surname as de loper and Lopers on the same page (p. 7).
- Other earlier variants of this profile were created by Terry Fisher through the import of Terry Fisher Family Tree.ged on 09 May 2011. All existing profiles of Jannekin Loper have been merged into Loper-221. There may be several Lopers profiles (Lopers-1, Loper-3) and Loopers (Loopers-1, Loopers-3) that are the same Jannekin. Further research is needed.
- This person was created through the import of Peterson.ged on 22 September 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Reference: 1413
- User ID: 3AA9FD1BB3B4B54582319564201C92CBA1F7
- This person was created through the import of Peterson.ged on 22 September 2010.
- This person was created through the import of MASTER2011WIKITREE.GED on 27 January 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Prior to import, this record was last changed 01 APR 2002 .
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Johanna's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: New Netherland Settlers WikiTree, Edwin Priest, Ellen Smith, and Judith Painter-McGregor. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 16 Oct 2015 at 14:32 GMT Michelle (Gerard) Hartley wrote:
On 12 Oct 2015 at 20:09 GMT Ellen Smith wrote:
On 12 Oct 2015 at 20:08 GMT Ellen Smith wrote:
On 12 Oct 2015 at 20:07 GMT Ellen Smith wrote:
On 23 May 2015 at 19:02 GMT Steven Mix wrote:
On 23 Apr 2015 at 20:46 GMT Steven Mix wrote:
On 8 Jan 2015 at 03:15 GMT Steven Mix wrote:
But I am leaning instead to Lopers-1 for NNS. That seems to be the more prevalent form, at Find-a-Grave, etc.
Wikipedia does not give much of a clue in its article on the famous father-in-law, Wilhelmus Beekman.
But it says she was Johanna, widow of Joris Davidson, and daughter of Captain Jacob de Loper.
So I am thinking that her more proper form is Lopers, derivative from de Loper. As born in New Netherland, the name seems somewhat Dutchified for her.
But indications from the "de" form may be that he was perhaps a French Huguenot, although out of Sweden.
Johanna is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 11 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.