- When citing sources try to give enough information that others can find that source regardless of the method used to find it or reference an image in the photo section. Where there is a known Wiki ID for a person named in this section try to provide a link to that person. List contributors, with links (if possible), in "Acknowledgments".
- Using an asterisk before adding information will maintain the events in a bullet format. Double asterisks will indent related events. A colon (:) will indent text (such as in this “Note” section). Double colons will double indent text. The first time you use a citation, use <ref name="nametag"> Descriptive Text</ref> where "nametag" is what you want to use for the name of the tag & "Descriptive Text" is your source citation. From then on use <ref name="nametag"/> to cite that citation as many times as needed. This will automatically add to the "Source List".
- If you are adding information I would appreciate your following these guidelines. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Gary H White
Note: The Luckeys are an off-shoot of my tree with no direct relationship. I do not intend to follow any further. If anyone wants to take over as manager I will gladly hand them over. - GHW.
- George Henry Luckey was born 4 Nov 1858 in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, USA  to Gerhard Unlucke and Unknown. (Parents are from Season, I have not verified them.)
- George passed away 30 Aug 1928 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana, USA and is buried at Spring Grove Cemetery, Tippecanoe, Indiana, USA; Plot: Sec. 71 Lot 166.
- Entered by Gary H White
- George married Kathryn Lucy Mcdonald in 1881 in Union City, Adams, Indiana, USA. They had 8 or possibly 9 children:
- William Harry Luckey (1883 – 1956)
- George Albert Anthony Luckey (1885 – 1965)
- Mary Alma Luckey (1887 – 1984)
- Anna Camille Luckey (1891 – 1974)
- Florence Luckey (1894 – 1988)
- Kathryn Luckey (1898 – 1982)
- Robert Otto Luckey (1901 – 1983)
- Alexander McDonnell "Don" Luckey (1902 – 1989)
- There is a Louis Luckey listed in the 1910 census for the St. Joseph Orphan Asylum. I have not found any other records as of yet.
- He married second: Fanny May Botley 5 Jun 1912 in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, USA. (Date not verified)
- 1880 Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, USA
- 1900 Cincinnati Ward 12, Hamilton, Ohio, USA
- 1920 Cincinnati Ward 12, Hamilton, Ohio, USA
Other (Military, Titles, etc.)
Stories, Other Background Information, etc.
- WikiTree profile Luckey-23 created through the import of NEWEST BACKUP_2011-10-12.ged on Oct 13, 2011 by Season McMillan.
- There had been no activity for this profile since its creation in 2011. After repeated attempts to contact Season McMillan with no response, Gary White accepted the orphaned profile in June 2015 and re-worked the profile to its present form. Redundant citations were consolidated and areas of differences noted but kept. Most references to undocumented Family Trees were removed as I don't consider them reliable sources. Gary H White
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Find A Grave Memorial# 133354637 for George H Luckey. 
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Luckey, George H 1900 Census Place Cincinnati Ward 12, Hamilton, Ohio
- ↑ Luckey, George 1880 Census Place Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, USA
- ↑ Luckey, George 1920 Census Place Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, USA
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
George is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 28 degrees from Ayn Rand, 23 degrees from Peter Roberts and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.